Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 07:11 PM

The Waltons

I was sitting watching the Waltons just now while I was grooming my dog and Mrs Walton was lost in the forest with two of her children and they were hiding in a tree or something and a bear turned up and I said "OH, NO, its a bear!!". My 23 year old daughter who was engrossed in her lap top at the time muttered under her breath, "Its not real, you know".

You had to be there but it was quite funny.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:05 PM

Re: The Waltons

Very funny, you were obviously very engrossed in it!! What channel you watching that on then? I used to love the Waltons.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:30 PM

sounds like you were well into the programme...I used to love The Waltons as well...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:31 PM

I can honestly say I've never watched the Waltons!
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:31 PM

Im not sure, weve just moved house and we have had to have a free sat box because the last people here had sky which I wont pay for as I dont really watch much TV. I discovered The Waltons at the weekend on one of the free sky channels and watched a few and it really took me back so I sneaked one on tonight to watch while I was grooming hoping my daughter wouldnt notice. Obviously I got a bit too involved when I thought they would all be eaten by the bear.

They do make me laugh though. One episode, mummy Walton had polio and was bedridden and was unconscious and at deaths door and paralysed. They played the music that played at her wedding and lo and behold her feet started to twitch and within a few days she was up and cooking dinner with no lasting effects at all.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:54 PM

From what I remember, all their stories had happy endings and there was always a lesson to learn! I do vagually remember the one you mention about mummy walton being very ill in bed.
Bridie
northants

17-11-2011, 11:58 PM

Thats like "The little house on the prairie" that always had a moral. I used to love that. I didnt really watch the waltons but loved little house. I did remember this bear story too, I knew they didnt get eaten.
marpaul
North Cumbria

18-11-2011, 12:17 AM

I don't know why but I never really got into The little house on the prairie, I remember watching snipets of it.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 10:45 AM

I used to love watching the Waltons, and yes you do get engrossed in the episodes. I still talk to the tele when something is going on giving them advice. My husband just shakes his head at me.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 04:35 PM

I liked Mrs Godsey and Ike lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top