Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 02:22 AM

Christmas TV

I don't know what it's been like in your area, but it's been dire here in Granada land and BBC North West.

Casualty has been removed for the last couple of weeks for some obscure reason, no Weakest Link and no Eggheads. Why? What they've replaced them with was something like Country Life and On The Buses!

Gimme me quiz shows and Casualty back, immediate!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 03:05 AM

Re: Christmas TV

Hello Mollie and A Happy New Year to you.

Christmas tv wasn't very good in the daytime but in the evenings it was really good with all the soaps and other programmes, especially Christmas Eve evening, Christmas Day evening and Boxing Day evening, we really enjoyed it. I'm afraid I don't watch Casualty or Weakest Link.

I think it just depends on what one likes and if it's on.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 03:38 AM

Hi Ali and a happy new year to you as well lass.

Yes the soaps were brilliant, but they always are. I was thinking more of other decent stuff they could have put on as well.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 09:47 AM

I must be the only person who does not watch soaps, tv over the christmas period was all repeats, I cancelled sky before I moved to this house it was way too expensive, just have free view now.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:35 AM

I too thought the Christmas tv was dire appart from the soaps of course but was actually quite pleased as have so much stuff on my hard drive to watch it didn't matter that there wasn't anything on that I didn't like if you get my drift
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:44 AM

Yep, we thought it was dire too, but usually is over the holiday periods. We found ourselves watching the old 'Only Fools and Horses' and the usual soaps.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:57 AM

TV was awful over Christmas but I had 52 hours of recorded programs to watch on my hard drive recorder so no problem

I though the adaptation of Dickens Great Expectations was rather good
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 01:25 PM

I have watched some lovely stuff over Christmas and am so looking forward to Treasure Island. I watched Narnia and Harry Potter, Happy Feet for the millionth time. I am sure it is what you like. Talking of that is anyone as addicted to Harry's Law as we are a show written by the Boston Legal team absolutely brilliant in my opinion.

Nearly forgot I watched The Queen which was very good and will be watching The King's Speach which we have recorded.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I though the adaptation of Dickens Great Expectations was rather good
I've got this recorded so going to watch part of it tonight
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 02:50 PM

I can't even bring myself to worry about the state of Christmas TV. Its always the same old films, same old tired comedies, same old thing, year in, year out. Next year, they will be all on again.

In these enlightened days of digital TV, not only do we get old tired films we did last year, but repeated within the space of a few days on different channels.

Long gone are the days when the TV channels used to regard Christmas as the peak of viewing entertainment and the competition was fierce and the viewing public benefitted by it. Nowadays, they don't even bother or try to fill the need.

I think I have actually watched about three hours of TV all Christmas, the rest was resorting to my extensive disc collection of programmes and films.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top