Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 03:39 PM

Re: Christmas TV

Casualty is back next Saturday.

If you saw the last episode, they had a big fire in the hospital. That ties in with the move of the production team from Bristol to Cardiff studios. The next episode will be in a brand new 'hospital' location.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 03:56 PM

I've not had the TV on at all, in fact it hardly ever is. I don't like Soaps or Quizes. I actually tend to watch DVD's and the News. Christmas TV usually is a lot of repeats and rubbish, I gave up on it a long time ago lol.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
I must be the only person who does not watch soaps, tv over the christmas period was all repeats, I cancelled sky before I moved to this house it was way too expensive, just have free view now.
No you're not Jean I hate them as well and Casualty which after all is just another soap set in a hospital. I like good drama series and enjoyed Great Expectations. I like crime dramas too and can usually find something to watch even if its a repeat. Hopefully some new series starting in the New Year which I will find of interest.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Yep, we thought it was dire too, but usually is over the holiday periods. We found ourselves watching the old 'Only Fools and Horses' and the usual soaps.
We found ourselves watching a load of the old "Only Fools And Horses" as well in the afternoons.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 09:48 PM

Have to agree TV been terrible. I enjoyed Great Expectations, Downton Abbey.
I have not watched Casualty in years. Is Charlie still in it. I have been watching Harry Law, it quite good.
I have also been watching Only Fool and Horses, still make me laugh.
I like Bones.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
Have to agree TV been terrible. I enjoyed Great Expectations, Downton Abbey.
I have not watched Casualty in years. Is Charlie still in it. I have been watching Harry Law, it quite good.
I have also been watching Only Fool and Horses, still make me laugh.
I like Bones.
Yes Shaz, good old Charlie is still in Casualty and is my favourite character in the series.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:14 PM

I may have a look in sometime, and see how much he may have changed.
I hear enough about hospitals, listening to the two nurses in our family. They both do long unsociable hours. Are stressed out at times, because they are always understaffed. I have seen them come home in tears at times.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:29 PM

I've mentioned this before, but in other topics elsewhere, that the last time I switched my TV on was Christmas 2010 and I just watch what I like on catch-up.

I got rid of my TV package just after that, hoping to save a pound or two, but it didn't make a lot of difference, so I think I've only got terrestrial channels now. I wish I didn't still need to pay for a TV licence though.

I've not watched Great Expectations yet, but I will do soon. I have recently watched David Copperfield and A Tale of Two Cities on YouTube though.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 11:28 PM

Well as they say in the Army"get some in" whatever that means Mollie, when you reach 70 or 75 you wont have to pay for the licence, cant remember which it is.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

01-01-2012, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Well as they say in the Army"get some in" whatever that means Mollie, when you reach 70 or 75 you wont have to pay for the licence, cant remember which it is.
It is from the age of 75, Annie

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top