Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 03:13 PM

Re: Christmas TV

I would think that if you wanted to see Morcombe and Wise at Christmas or the two Ronnies even Tommy Cooper you could find them on DVD without the need to show them on TV but there they were, I didn't watch them because like Mary Poppins and others I have seen them many times before. I watched some new stuff which I suppose will get 'traditional' meaning they will show them until we are sick of them like Happy Feet and Up lovely films but not too often.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 05:16 PM

Out of desperation last week, I watched a old western Custer of the West. This afternoon the same film is on again! The wife is even more sad, she sat through The Wizard of Oz for the umpteenth time. Thank god I've got a stack of saved programmes from throughout the year, that I deliberately stored, knowing what this period is like.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Once upon a time there used to be a special film on over the Christmas period which was always worth watching. My sister from Australia asked me the other day what the film was so had to tell her that there was no special film

I cannot believe how often stuff is repeated over and over again. I guess there are far too many channels and the tv companies can't afford to keep filling them with new programmes. Thanks goodness for all the saved programmes on the hard drive
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 07:39 PM

Oh Marian you must see 'Up' it is an animated film but is sooo good it made me laugh and cry.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 08:04 PM

Aye, if I survive that long.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Oh Marian you must see 'Up' it is an animated film but is sooo good it made me laugh and cry.
Oh ok thanks Cate will look out for it assuming that its not on a Sky channel as I don't have that

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top