Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 01:41 AM

Re: Eastenders

Yes, I think the viewers would love to see a new Janine. A gentler, more caring Janine. Much like Scrooge who came to understand the error of his ways and became someone to be loved rather than hated.

It would take her a long time to prove herself, but I reckon it could be done.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 03:51 AM

Some people are debating if Simon Wickes (Nick Berry) should have been in it as well as David. I think Simon is living in Australia so maybe couldn't get back in time but he could make it back for his Mum's funeral although to be fair he does have financial problems. It just would have been nice to see David and Simon at their Mum's side before she passed away.

No one knows whether Nick Berry was asked to come back or not. Nick is now retired from acting but might have come back for the odd episode for Pat's funeral, who knows.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 04:19 AM

Just read this .....

Sorry couldn't copy it, it was printed in the Sun a little while back that Nick Berry was coming back into Eastenders for when Pat dies.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 12:15 PM

I do usually watch Eastenders and saw last night's episode. The acting was good (especially Pat) but I did find the arguing and fighting a bit degrading and over the top. I thought the newcomer - the black haired chap (don't know his name) who got into her room expressly to be offensive towards her was quite objectionable and in bad taste (but then that seems to be the character he plays).
My husband (who doesn't like the programme anyway) said it was a disgusting exhibition all round. Personally, I think the producers could have been a bit more sensitive and put the storyline together a bit better.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 03:30 PM

I watched it at work which spoiled it a bit for me but I have to agree that the fact that Derek going into her room to bully her on her death bed then punching David when he came to see his dying mum was too much. I do love Eastenders though, it is my favourite soap.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bridie ->
I watched it at work which spoiled it a bit for me but I have to agree that the fact that Derek going into her room to bully her on her death bed then punching David when he came to see his dying mum was too much. I do love Eastenders though, it is my favourite soap.
I very much like Eastenders usually as well Bridie - but I sometimes wonder if they are getting a bit stuck for ideas these days - by the way, do you know where/how David Essex went. I must have missed that part.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 08:09 PM

Eddie Moon (David Essex) departed with his son Craig for Spain back in October. Craig was the one with learning difficulties and who'd been kept secret from his other brothers.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Eddie Moon (David Essex) departed with his son Craig for Spain back in October. Craig was the one with learning difficulties and who'd been kept secret from his other brothers.
Thank you Mollie - I must have missed those episodes. I wonder if he could come back sometime then.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 08:16 PM

I sure hope so, he is gorgeous and I was jealous of that Carol woman!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I sure hope so, he is gorgeous and I was jealous of that Carol woman!
He is gorgeous indeed Maryl (especially when he was young). He still has that naughty twinkle. My hubby bought me a double DVD for Christmas - "that'll be the day" and "stardust". I just need a bit of peace and quiet one afternoon to watch them on my own.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top