Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 08:37 PM

Re: Eastenders

They are brilliant movies. I have them both on video, sadly not on DVD.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I do usually watch Eastenders and saw last night's episode. The acting was good (especially Pat) but I did find the arguing and fighting a bit degrading and over the top. I thought the newcomer - the black haired chap (don't know his name) who got into her room expressly to be offensive towards her was quite objectionable and in bad taste (but then that seems to be the character he plays).
My husband (who doesn't like the programme anyway) said it was a disgusting exhibition all round. Personally, I think the producers could have been a bit more sensitive and put the storyline together a bit better.
I totally agree with all that you say, I also found it very distasteful with the way it was all portrayed. I certainly wouldn't like my last moments with all that happening! It would also have been nice for one of the close family to have sat with her at all times so she wasn't on her own at all.

The writers could have done a much better job of it in my opinion.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:42 PM

Tonight's episode. Wasn't it lovely when Bianca laid out the Butlin Princess sash on Pat's empty bed and the four children came to sit with her. Not a word was spoken.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Tonight's episode. Wasn't it lovely when Bianca laid out the Butlin Princess sash on Pat's empty bed and the four children came to sit with her. Not a word was spoken.
Yes Mary, that was a nice touch, wasn't it
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes Mary, that was a nice touch, wasn't it
It was very emotional tonight, i thought the end scenes were perfect.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 01:20 AM

I've just finished watching the Pat Farewell, narrated by Shane Richie, and that was brilliant as well.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 03:59 PM

Yes I quite enjoyed that Mollie. Makes you realise how quickly the years go by. Didn't they all look young?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top