Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

11-01-2012, 11:45 PM

Re: Charles Dickens.

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I've tried to find information on it, but can't find anything I'm afraid.
Mollie, If it is the same one that I know of, it should have about eight pictures and the stories include amongst others, The Seven Poor Travellers, The Holly Tree, The Wreck of the Golden Mary and the Public life of Mr. Tulrumble.

Thought to be about 1912 with a gold signature on the hardcover.
Was worth about £15-20 in reasonable nick about 2 years ago.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2012, 12:13 AM

That's the one. Oh thank you for that. Yes, the writing on the spine is in gold leaf and is encased in a hardback cover as well.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

12-01-2012, 12:21 AM

Hang on to them Mollie, priceless.

One of our treasures is a book by Shakespeare which was illustrated by by Arthur Rackham back in 1912

This is the same title but we think in much better order.
Well, we would.

Midsummer Night's Dream
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2012, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Hang on to them Mollie, priceless.

One of our treasures is a book by Shakespeare which was illustrated by by Arthur Rackham back in 1912

This is the same title but we think in much better order.
Well, we would.

Midsummer Night's Dream
Don't you worry, those books are going nowhere. The 80 year old complete set are dark blue, also with gold leaf writing on the spines

The video showing A Midsummer Night's Dream shows such beautiful colour plates within the book.

The current book in question is in navy blue with gold leaf and it's in excellent condition, except the book is partly coming away from the spine which I'm sure could be repaired without any damage.

Thanks for your help.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2012, 11:40 AM

I watched the first part but wanted to watch the football last night so will watch it on catch up at some point or when it is repeated as someone has said next week ? I thought the first part was quite good and I don't know the story so would like to see the conclusion.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2012, 06:29 PM

Is it possibly a Collins Illustrated Pocket Classic?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top