Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 10:20 AM

Re: Female type question !

I don't even own a pair of trousers and cannot imagine buying any. But I am considering having my hair cut ! It's been same length for years and I have been very happy with it being able to put it up etc but now the grey is coming in I want to embrace the grey but it is being a bogger to control, it has a mind of it's own and seems to break off so easily. So I am looking at shorter cuts and will for the first time in 23 years step into a hair salon. I rang to make an appointment and will be having it off on Tuesday.

I am consoling myself it's just hair and if I don't like it I can grow it again. It's just hair, it's just hair I can be heard muttering LOL
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 10:27 AM

Thats what I said earlier and so you're going for the cut .... Know how you feel - after so long its an anxious time, should be a good idea tho', your hair isn't as it was .....
As long as you hang on to yer hair, theres nothing to complain about - is there
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I've always had short hair - but don't know why I wear trousers for casual things - more comfortable I find - but for dancing I always wear a dress or skirt and top.

Angie - I will break this to you very gently - sorry but the beard will come !
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It'll be a No-No for me then. I draw the line at a beard
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 11:29 AM

Trousers for me, although when on holiday abroad usually wear either cut-off trousers or a skirt.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 11:38 AM

Hmmm, think it must be three or four years since I've worn a skirt, and that was only for one very hot day...I've always been more comfortable in trousers, and second the point that I find shoes I can wear with trousers more comfortable than any that are suitable for skirts.

My hair? Has been fairly short for decades, although every now and then I grow it a bit, get fed up with it being straggly, and get it cut again.

I certainly am not the most feminine of women, but I don't think my clothes/hair have much to do with it.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 11:57 AM

I rarely wear skirts/dresses unless the weather's really hot and I'm not going out otherwise it's jeans or crops for me and I've always worn my hair short, it's stylish and easy to manage... I love the flowery patterned harem style pants and wear those a lot in the summer too with a tank top or t-shirt ..I reckon if you're comfortable in what you're wearing it doesn't matter what others think, as long as you're decent..

edit to add ...Let's know how you felt after 'having it off' on Tuesday Julie
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
Trousers for me, although when on holiday abroad usually wear either cut-off trousers or a skirt.
I have to admit I love the look of those 3/4 length trousers, only trouble is with my short legs they are more like full length and full length ones cover my feet like socks LOL perhaps that's why I prefer skirts. Oh and skirts are easier to make too I always find trousers so complicated to cut out correctly.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 12:53 PM

I'm with you maggis. Only wear dresses when it's something really special.
I think it doesn't matter what you wear as long as you are comfortable with yourself that you look good.
Hooray maggis last day of winter today. Spring & summer are on the way.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sandi ->
I'm with you maggis. Only wear dresses when it's something really special.
I think it doesn't matter what you wear as long as you are comfortable with yourself that you look good.
Hooray maggis last day of winter today. Spring & summer are on the way.
What are the winters like there .....?
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 01:21 PM

Nothing like UK Pats but I think that because we have such very high temperatures in summer we feel the colder weather more and in one day we can go thru' 3 types of clothing as it can be 'freezing' in the am when you're off to work ...then hot in the afternoon ... then cold again when you're on the way home .... First day of Spring tomorrow and Fathers Day too .... I bought Steve a card from the 'furkids' and it's going to be a beautiful day so I'll make the effort and shave my hairy legs so I can wear me crops I'll have to shave them soon anyway as the 'Fire season' will be soon and I may be declared a fire hazard LOL

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top