Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 01:23 PM

Re: Female type question !

Originally Posted by maggis ->
Nothing like UK Pats but I think that because we have such very high temperatures in summer we feel the colder weather more and in one day we can go thru' 3 types of clothing as it can be 'freezing' in the am when you're off to work ...then hot in the afternoon ... then cold again when you're on the way home .... First day of Spring tomorrow and Fathers Day too .... I bought Steve a card from the 'furkids' and it's going to be a beautiful day so I'll make the effort and shave my hairy legs so I can wear me crops I'll have to shave them soon anyway as the 'Fire season' will be soon and I may be declared a fire hazard LOL
Fab !
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 01:29 PM

I don't feel any less of a woman because I have short hair and wear jeans.....lol
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 01:37 PM

I don't think I would either I just like long floaty materials and a hippyish sort of look. Never been comfortable in trousers.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 01:45 PM

I would just faint if I wore trousers in this heat, have to wear loose clothing ...
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 04:03 PM

I think it depends on the woman to be honest.

My wife wears trousers 75% of the time and has cut her hair shorter than it was - it used to be very long, now it is a... Bob, is that the term?

On the other hand is my ex-mother-in-law, who is 91 years of age, still keeps her hair long and does not own a single pair of trousers.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 04:10 PM

I wear mainly trousers because they're comfortable and practical but if the weather is nice, I'll wear a long dress or a skirt. My hair has always been long but I've also been thinking of having it all lopped off because I can't be bothered with it anymore; plus, I think women can get to a certain age where it just looks daft to have long hair. My Nan had long hair till the day she died (89) but always wore it coiled in two plaits over her ears for some reason!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 04:13 PM

I agree about older ladies with long hair - it can look awful when it's down and severe when up .
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 04:22 PM

PatsCG
We have had our wettest winter in 9 years and freezing cold to boot.
We've had some lovely warm days the last couple of days but it will be back to the rain by Wednesday.
Like Maggis said it's a different cold to yours. Here the wind whistles through you making you feel even colder.
Will have to do the same maggie or I might be joining you on the fire.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I wear mainly trousers because they're comfortable and practical but if the weather is nice, I'll wear a long dress or a skirt. My hair has always been long but I've also been thinking of having it all lopped off because I can't be bothered with it anymore; plus, I think women can get to a certain age where it just looks daft to have long hair. My Nan had long hair till the day she died (89) but always wore it coiled in two plaits over her ears for some reason!
That's part of my problem, for work I usually wear mine in two plaits but now it looks rather too girlish for my age.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-08-2013, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sandi ->
PatsCG
We have had our wettest winter in 9 years and freezing cold to boot.
We've had some lovely warm days the last couple of days but it will be back to the rain by Wednesday.
Like Maggis said it's a different cold to yours. Here the wind whistles through you making you feel even colder.
Will have to do the same maggie or I might be joining you on the fire.
Dont like the wind gal - its like yer fighting against it all the time, it throws me about like a rag doll

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top