Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 09:25 AM

What Would You Do?

Steve Cullum filmed himself gently but unsuccessfully attempting to move a fellow traveller who kept falling asleep on his lap. To Mr Cullum's evident relief, the woman eventually lolled over and continued her slumbers resting on the shoulder of another nearby passenger.

Would you have been so tolerant? (Given that you can clearly see drool oozing out of her mouth ).

I wouldn't have been so tolerant and she'd have been upright again in seconds Why not call for the air steward?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/10...oes-viral.html
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 09:27 AM

Re: What Would You Do?

Me tolerant - NO !!
She'd have awoken from her slumber - with a jolt !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:36 AM

She wouldn't have got anywhere near my lap in the first place. The first intimation of a 'lean' and I'd have grabbed her hair and pulled her back upright.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:41 AM

Thats woke me up !!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:48 AM

I think I may have been slightly less tolerant but in a gentler manner than UJ, Simply waking the person up and explaining nicely would have been appropriate IMO.

But I blame the airlines, how packed in those passengers were ! Never flown and never would looking at the conditions there, would be campaigning if they kept cattle like that !
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 11:43 AM

Some years ago on a Quantas flight the woman on the seat in front of me had her seat reclined so far back I could barely move at all. The stewardess refused to wake the woman, telling me the woman had every right to sleep comfortably. The same stewardess even refused to wake the woman when the meal was brought despite the fact that I had to go without the meal as the seat was too far back for the tray to be put down. I asked that the senior steward be brought, my request was refused, I was also told that I personally must not wake the woman up as she had every right to sleep !

A letter of complaint sent to Quantas never even received a reply. I know that Quantas is no longer in existence and if the two flights we took with them are anything to go by, then I'm not surprised. On one flight we were on two stewardesses were fighting in the aisle over something, one stomped off, the other marched up and down the aisle snapping at people to remove their headphones off their knees whilst sleeping as the headsets could fall off and someone could trip on them, boy was she a grumpy guts !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Some years ago on a Quantas flight the woman on the seat in front of me had her seat reclined so far back I could barely move at all. The stewardess refused to wake the woman, telling me the woman had every right to sleep comfortably. The same stewardess even refused to wake the woman when the meal was brought despite the fact that I had to go without the meal as the seat was too far back for the tray to be put down. I asked that the senior steward be brought, my request was refused, I was also told that I personally must not wake the woman up as she had every right to sleep !

A letter of complaint sent to Quantas never even received a reply. I know that Quantas is no longer in existence and if the two flights we took with them are anything to go by, then I'm not surprised. On one flight we were on two stewardesses were fighting in the aisle over something, one stomped off, the other marched up and down the aisle snapping at people to remove their headphones off their knees whilst sleeping as the headsets could fall off and someone could trip on them, boy was she a grumpy guts !

What do mean your letter of complaint was ignored Loretta darlin??? - I wouldn't have left it there - in fact both Thomson Travel and Sainsburys have cause to regret their failing to respond to my letter of complaint - I sued both of them in the county Court and won!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Steve Cullum filmed himself gently but unsuccessfully attempting to move a fellow traveller who kept falling asleep on his lap. To Mr Cullum's evident relief, the woman eventually lolled over and continued her slumbers resting on the shoulder of another nearby passenger.

Would you have been so tolerant? (Given that you can clearly see drool oozing out of her mouth ).

I wouldn't have been so tolerant and she'd have been upright again in seconds Why not call for the air steward?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/10...oes-viral.html

She would have had my boney elbow in her ribs if she tried that with me !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 05:24 PM

He should have tied her to the back of her seat with her scarf! Or given her a "wet willy"
....wet finger in the ear, people!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 07:51 PM

I am really glad that you explained that one, Twizard !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top