Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 09:06 AM

Re: Getting up

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Even though I've retired, or rather, I don't have to get up for work, I still tend to wake and get up at about 7 a.m. To my mind, anything earlier doesn't exist!

Then it's a coffee, check my mail, look at things like this forum etc..
If I'm lucky, I's sort of half civilised by 8.30 am.
Oh there is life out there before 7am, sun comes up and the day is really at it's most beautiful I always think.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 09:35 AM

I keep waking up in the early hours of the morning for some reason. Sometimes I have to use the bathroom but can't see that being the reason for it. Haven't slept right through for ages. Was awake around 3am this morning but normally it is 4am. Not sure if something is disturbing me at that time or not. Whatever the reason for it I then have quite a job to get back to sleep, but even then it isn't for long and will wake again around 7am or so.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
depends where're I go pub or not.

Your pub opens very early.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I keep waking up in the early hours of the morning for some reason. Sometimes I have to use the bathroom but can't see that being the reason for it. Haven't slept right through for ages. Was awake around 3am this morning but normally it is 4am. Not sure if something is disturbing me at that time or not. Whatever the reason for it I then have quite a job to get back to sleep, but even then it isn't for long and will wake again around 7am or so.
I've had that problem for about 5 years now - it gets a bit exhausting
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:07 AM

I've never been a morning person but somehow or other always managed to get to work in good time, never late. These days I get up when I wake, which could be anything from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. unless of course I need to be up for something specific in which case I use an alarm clock. I rarely sleep before 2 a.m. sometimes later. I think I've always been a bit back to front !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Am rudely disturbed by Herring Gulls who nest in the chimneys above me every morning at dawn, so am usually up and around at very least by 06.00. Was eating breakfast and drinking my coffee this morning before 06.45
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:28 AM

Not really an early riser unless I don't sleep well.
When I had to travel to work before I retired I hated the traveling bit, never minded the work, in fact I enjoyed working, now that I'm retired and don't have to travel to work I'm always happy in the mornings, even when I overdo it on the Port the night before, like last night.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Not really an early riser unless I don't sleep well.
When I had to travel to work before I retired I hated the traveling bit, never minded the work, in fact I enjoyed working, now that I'm retired and don't have to travel to work I'm always happy in the mornings, even when I overdo it on the Port the night before, like last night.

Jim matey, make yourself even happier - have some 'hair of the dog' now to cure your hangover.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Jim matey, make yourself even happier - have some 'hair of the dog' now to cure your hangover.
Ever so considerate Joe thank you, but I will have to wait till the wife gets in then it's up to the local for a pint and a natter with the other old lads.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:58 AM

I get up about 7.30, have a cuppa, then a shower then take dog for a walk. Have brekkie when I get back. It usually takes me about half an hour to be awake properly.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top