Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 08:07 PM

Re: More questions then answers ..

It's human nature to seek a purpose and an explanation for everything. That's how religion came to be.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 08:25 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 09:19 PM

There sure are more questions than answers Sugar, the best way to deal with that is say to yourself that maybe there are some things we are not meant to know and other things we could never understand if we did know, I don't know a lot but I'm content with what I do know, besides as I get older I don't give a damn anyway, seems to me people never really learn from what they do know, they still go to war and kill each other.
I often ask myself why I'm here and what's it all about, I'm sure plenty of other creatures ask themselves the same questions in their own way, stupid bird an all that he is, at least the Turkey knows what he's here for.
We have always wanted to know how everything works, what happens when there is nothing more to know? and don't forget all the stuff we forgot since we arrived on this planet, they couldn't build the Pyramids today if they wanted to, and how to make a mouth organ from a pigs bladder, now that could be handy to have when you're sitting in a cave around the fire after the big nuclear bang.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
One question that has plagued mankind is... Why do bad things happen to good people? Is this by God's design? It is not enough to simply say that it was in God's plan as would a good and loving Father allow a small child to suffer?

In Spiritualism, they believe we only come here to learn. So we have to choose our own life plan before we are born. For example - Someone who experienced a life of great abundance and wealth, couldn't begin to understand what it would be like to live with never ending depravation, poverty, and disease, so they choose to reincarnate into that environment next time, to learn about suffering, as its something they have never experienced.
That's one simple example, and it depends what you choose to believe doesn't it.
Bit controversial?
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 02:05 AM

Jimmy I do like the song you put one ...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top