Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 01:25 PM

Re: The Perception of Childhood

Not for me .... would have made no difference, also it was 'obvious' the monster in my case, was not behaving correctly.
A child keeps quiet - usually - because she believes his threats ....
Anyway, from my view - 3 is far too early ..... Parents should tell their children, there are bad men out there and the usual 'dont take sweets from a stranger etc' .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 01:28 PM

Yes but the child would know at least it was wrong and if it's done well who to turn to if something does happen they are uncomfortable with. IMO our approach will turn out a child who knows her body is her own like my niece and nephews. For boys we instilled a don't touch and no means no from an early age too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 01:43 PM

If you believe 3 is the right age, fine with me .....
I think 7 is young enough ...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 06:55 PM

FFS

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...x-ed-for-kind/

When Obama’s campaign was asked by ABC News to explain what kind of sex education Obama considers "age appropriate" for kindergarteners, the Obama campaign pointed to an Oct. 6, 2004 story from the Daily Herald in which Obama had "moved to clarify" in his Senate campaign that he "does not support teaching explicit sex education to children in kindergarten. . . The legislation in question was a state Senate measure last year that aimed to update Illinois’ sex education standards with ‘medically accurate’ information . . . ‘Nobody’s suggesting that kindergartners are going to be getting information about sex in the way that we think about it,’ Obama said. ‘If they ask a teacher ‘where do babies come from,’ that providing information that the fact is that it’s not a stork is probably not an unhealthy thing. Although again, that’s going to be determined on a case by case basis by local communities and local school boards.’"
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
If Obama is a Muslim?? then sex education would be normal for a 3 year old woulden't it?
Am I being facetious? No,not really.
"Facetious" is not the word I would use.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-09-2013, 06:57 PM

Repeated post
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-09-2013, 06:58 PM

Sounds OK ......
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
If Obama is a Muslim?? then sex education would be normal for a 3 year old woulden't it?
Am I being facetious? No,not really.
I saw a documentary once on life in certain countries and I can't bring myself to say what the mother will often do to calm a stressed child or to help a child get off to sleep - but I doubt that would appear in any classes being held. So, with that as a given, maybe he doesn't see much being wrong with it.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 07:03 PM

And - you're all sex mad, this was supposed to be about proms becoming more and more popular with very young girls!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-09-2013, 07:04 PM

I'm not ! - Definitely not !
Whats Muslims gotta do with proms !

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top