Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 07:06 PM

Re: The Perception of Childhood

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I'm not ! - Definitely not !
Whats Muslims gotta do with proms !
I know - and I'd posted a response to billy before I remembered which thread I was on
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 07:07 PM

Some folk are obsessed with certain subjects - I guess .....
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 07:10 PM

Sounds OK ......
It drive me CRAZY when one sentence is repeated and it is purposely out of context, making it sound like Obama wants sex films shown to 5 year olds. It's never too early to give kids age appropriate information IMO and to be able to know when something they are experiencing is "not right". and should be reported to an adult.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 07:14 PM

Hang on a minute I was responding to 'your' quote on Obama .... not the link, didn't look at that !
What are you saying to me - anyway.... what sentence ...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I saw a documentary once on life in certain countries and I can't bring myself to say what the mother will often do to calm a stressed child or to help a child get off to sleep - but I doubt that would appear in any classes being held. So, with that as a given, maybe he doesn't see much being wrong with it.
Wrong with WHAT ben?
AudreyII
USA

05-09-2013, 07:17 PM

Hang on a minute I was responding to 'your' quote on Obama .... not the link, didn't look at that !
What are you saying to me - anyway.... what sentence ...
I know that... I wasn't referring to you.. but a previous post
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-09-2013, 07:18 PM

Thanks !
Dont quote me then gal - gets confusing
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Wrong with WHAT ben?
Sex education at an early (though apparently unspecified) age. It's nothing new and nothing to get het up about, that suggestion has been doing the rounds in this country for a few years but it never happens.
AudreyII
USA

05-09-2013, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Sex education at an early (though apparently unspecified) age. It's nothing new and nothing to get het up about, that suggestion has been doing the rounds in this country for a few years but it never happens.
I believe that "age appropriate" is the operative phrase. For a moment there I thought you were inferring President Obama was a Muslim... Glad to know that wasn't the case.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

05-09-2013, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I believe that "age appropriate" is the operative phrase. For a moment there I thought you were inferring President Obama was a Muslim... Glad to know that wasn't the case.
I have no idea what religion he is and, to be truthful, I know very little about him other than that he is President of the United States.

Age appropriate should also take into account the mental maturity of each individual child to be able to cope with the information they have been given. I've seen the reverse side of warnings happen, especially to females, who ended up being too scared to have a sex life. It's a very difficult subject and I'm glad it's not down to the likes of me to decide as I'd sit on the fence forever.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top