Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 12:18 PM

Priorities

Apparently our priorities usually change after retirement.
have you found this to be so?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 12:23 PM

Re: Priorities

Definitely appearance has gone out of the window . I roam the fields with my dog looking like a witch and scaring the children

This also means no more trips into the nearest city to buy new clothes, I wear old ones or buy some on ebay.
I also cook and bake more than I did before.

My priority now is do as I please
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Definitely appearance has gone out of the window . I roam the fields with my dog looking like a witch and scaring the children
Aha, so it was you in the newspapers was it, couldn't tell with that disguise.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

06-09-2013, 12:30 PM

Definitely
My priority now is do as I please

Good for you Meg.
We've had do do as what we're told for most of our working lives.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 12:35 PM

Yes Mups - I come first now - always put others before meself, now I'm the one I consider - of course Hubs too ......
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 01:08 PM

I'm with Meg, to do as I please.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 02:20 PM

What a picture you paint
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Yes Mups - I come first now - always put others before meself, now I'm the one I consider - of course Hubs too ......
That's a lesson I have learned - the hard way. I now put myself first (when I can ) and I don't feel guilty anywhere near as much as I used to.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Thats right - we live and learn .......
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 03:49 PM

I care much less about appearances now also. I like to be clean and neat, but I have stopped slathering on the make-up.. and I no longer care about buying new clothes. I'm content wearing the same clothes over and over so long as they are clean.. I care much more about comfort now. No more stylish shoes with heels and narrow toes... give me shoes that don't hurt or make blisters. I prefer quality to quantity. I have one purse.. but I paid over $200 for it. It will last me forever. Possessions mean much less to me now. If one of my animals ruined something like a rug or a piece of furniture.. I wouldn't get all crazy.. I'd just replace it with something cheap enough for them to ruin again. I don't care that much any more. I love my fur kids more. I appreciate the loyalty of a good partner. My OH may not be much to look at..but neither am I any longer and I know he will stand with me no matter what. That is so much more important than all the fluttery butterflies...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top