Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 02:47 PM

Flirting...the Lost Art.

http://modernreject.com/2011/03/the-...t-of-flirting/

flirting is healthy for both single and married people. If you are single, flirt with other singles. If you are married, flirt with your spouse.

It turns out that even animals instinctively flirt. Mice, for instance, according to Pyschology Today, twitch their noses and tilt their back in order to catch the eye of another available mouse. We, too, are hardwired for flirting and, done in a fun and responsible way, flirting proves useful.

The Why
Since flirting is instinctive, you think that would be reason enough. Unfortunately, flirting has received a bad rap over the years, especially within Christian circles.

Yet, many of us flirt without realizing we are doing it–a lift in our voice, a tilt of our head, a gesture of our hand, the toss of our hair (hopefully it is not you men, tossing your hair).
What say you? Is flirting fun and harmless? I think the act itself can add a pep to your step. It's good for the ego.. It makes you feel good. Of course provided it's not obviously sexual or obnoxious... I think it's harmless fun.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 02:54 PM

Re: Flirting...the Lost Art.

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->

What say you? Is flirting fun and harmless? I think the act itself can add a pep to your step. It's good for the ego.. It makes you feel good. Of course provided it's not obviously sexual or obnoxious... I think it's harmless fun.
BIB: yes it does. I remember about 6 years ago in Spain (we had a house there) I went to the local garden centre to buy some more plants. There, behind the counter stood Adonis. I coiled my tongue back into my mouth, wiped the drool off my chin and started browsing the plants - very quickly. I went to pay for my plants (going all gooey eyed again) and he was chatting away with his stunning accent, in English, and he asked what I was up to that day. I told him my husband (drat drat drat) and I were off to (wherever it was we were off to) and he handed me a sprig of lilac (it might have been lavendar - I was too far gone at that point). I took the sprig and he held my hand with his fingers, looked deep into my eyes and said 'no pretty lady should go into the hills without a sprig of (whatever it was) it would mean she is not loved, and that cannot be the case'. Oooooh, I want British men that are like that! Yes, it was cheesy but I loved it.

Spring in my step? I was almost like Skippy going home
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 03:04 PM

That sounds wonderful.... and I bet hubby was the one who reaped the benefits. When you (general) feel pretty and sexy.. you tend to behave that way.

I personally like to watch the men around young pretty women. It's so funny... and so obvious.. even the old geezers get all silly.. and if the youngsters flirt back... I'm sure it makes their day.

I used to be a shameless flirt. I enjoyed the attention.. I never followed through with anything.. but it was a fun game. Now not so much. I feel fat and flubby.. and if someone flirted with me.. I'd wonder what was wrong with his eyesight.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
and if someone flirted with me.. I'd wonder what was wrong with his eyesight.
Yes, I've had the same reaction when a roofer was here a couple of years ago (pre-thigh injury so hadn't gained all this weight then) and I got the 'glad-eye' from him, the looking me over and my first thought was 'you pervert'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 03:28 PM

I flirt with Hubs - we like a good larf .....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-09-2013, 03:40 PM

It is a good thing. I noticed when we moved here that men didn't beep the horn at young women and wolf whistle - now that used to lift spirits didn't it. Do you remember Jasper Carrot did a joke about it. Do men in the UK, and America, of course, still wolf whistle?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 03:41 PM

I doubt it - probably lewd comments as you pass by now ....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-09-2013, 03:43 PM

That's a shame. Mind you, I didn't like it when they started whistling the tune to Laurel & Hardy when you walked past workmen
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-09-2013, 03:45 PM

Oh Gawd ..... Thats a cracker !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-09-2013, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Oh Gawd ..... Thats a cracker !
That's Brummie men for you - it was impossible to walk properly when they started that lark and you ended up walking with a waddle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top