Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 07:53 AM

Re: Phobia's

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh, yes Graham, think I'd have to go to hospital and be knocked out, they'd never be quick enough to catch me otherwise. I'd never be able to just sit there and let them do it if I was awake.
I remember being put out was commonplace when I was younger and how I wish it still carried on. But these days, its considered as an absolute last resort. However, whenever I need to have one out (which isn't very often) I pay a private dentist for IV sedation, which in some respects is the same thing. Now my fear is not so much the sensation of having a tooth pulled as I'm off my tree with drugs, its the pain and aching afterwards when everything wears off.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:05 AM

You'd think in this day and age they would be able to come up with a better alternative wouldn't you. There must be hundreds of their patients with the same fear.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:17 AM

Anything with wings coming anywhere near me - birds, butterflies, ladybirds, horrible and unnecessary wasps ...
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 11:22 AM

I'm OK with the dentist these days - unless they were in a tall building.

I have a great dislike of tall buildings, cable cars, edges of cliffs etc....
Strangely enough, I like flying especially in small planes - made 100's of flights, but tall buildings - NO!
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 11:31 AM

Balloons, I hate them near me especially if someone is playing with one, or it's being blown up.

Fear of heights, where I don't feel safe.
Once sat through Les Miserables in Palace theatre London, the back of the seats of the row in front were down by my feet, and we were high up, felt like I needed a seat belt.
Can't say I enjoyed that show was too afraid to move, plus the seats were hard, noticed those who went regularly took cushions to sit on.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Wood against my teeth!! makes them itch so it does. I am fine with an old worn out wooden spoon, but a new one makes me shudder, as do those wooden drinks stirrers, wooden lolly sticks, etc etc. My son thinks it is hilarious, and whenever we are somewhere where they offer those drink stirrers he will grab one and stick it in his mouth and chew, whilst I cringe and shudder.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 09:15 PM

I don't like knees, heights, water, scorpions, ventriloquist dummies, c....s (Ronald McDonald types) or spiders, I got up in the night last night, went to get a drink, got a cup from the cupboard and in it was a big house spider! eeeek!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 09:31 PM

I have a terrible fear of being on a stable building looking down at the ground below, even behing the safety of a wall. I am ok behind glass or railings if there is no danger of me going over the edge. There is always the worry at the back of my mind that I would take a jump off. Never on your nelly but it's there! I even lie in bed sometimes worrying that one day I am going to jump off a cliff, and I'm safely tucked up in bed! Irrational, I know.

When I visited Queenstown in NZ last year I just had to go up the top on the cable car, but when it got to standing behind the wall to look down to the stupendous view, I suddenly felt so scared I practically edged along the building with my back, till I got to the door to go inside to the restaurant. Yet I happily got in the cable car. The chair lift to the luge worried me a bit. So I'm like valice, a fear of heights and that feeling of not being safe. Oh and I happily go up to towers and skyscrapers because I just love the views. But I feel safe because it's behind glass.

Erm...fire (death by), water (can't swim so death by), spiders (if they're too big for me to catch in a glass or the J Edgar), cockroaches, ants and earwigs. Human nails, and hair. If I'm sat behind a woman with a big hairdo I almost freak out thinking 'don't any fall on me, please!' And I hate seeing people with talons. Aaaargh, that is run for the hills time!!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 09:36 PM

Would you recognise it if you saw it again? Or did you squash it?
In some hot countries young people earn pocket money by gathering up tarantula's & the like, heat em up & sell them as delicacies.
Personally I would deep fry them so they''re nice and crisp & this method stops their entrail from popping out.
Good grief I feel sick now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top