Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 04:38 AM

Re: The dreaded word - Christmas!

Christmas? you are either way too late

...or far too early

Either way: Shhhh!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 05:07 AM

I went to a garden centre yesterday, It's Christmas section is now open!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 06:55 AM

Well - I do tend to buy things when I see them throughout the year because, nine times out of ten, if I don't they have gone when I go back later. I do chose gifts that suit the person and try to spend the same amount on each. As someone already said - birthdays are special - so I tend to splurge a bit more then. Have to admit - I do love the rush and bustle nearer the time as well !

Do you want to know that I have already made all my Christmas cards?

No?

OK then, I won't mention it.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Still paying for last Christmas
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 09:42 AM

I hate last minute shopping so I buy things through the year. This was more the case when I travelled / worked abroad and could buy different things.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 09:47 AM

We "buy" very little actually for Christmas and start in January making things. Knitting, sewing, sticking and creating. We do buy bits and bobs. wool and fabrics but it's spread throughout the year. I think is what I caught a glance of the other day when I surprised my niece I am getting a beautiful shawl if it isn't for me I will be very disappointed LOL
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Thirded...I just don't do Christmas, but do like the fact that the morning will be very quiet as everyone is occupied in their own homes.
Fourthed (or however it would be said).

Christmas stuff being put out too early spoils it. My mother did nothing about Christmas until Christmas Eve which is when the tree went up and the decorations - the excitement when I got home and saw the house decorated and knew - that was the night

I order mostly online (too limited a range here) so no real last minute panics.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 12:58 PM

Tesco have Xmas choc & biscuits! Started shopping in Feb! Knitting stuff too.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 01:40 PM

Went into the Card Factory shop last week and they had more Christmas cards on display than birthday cards!
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 02:42 PM

absolutely love Xmas...but i hate it when the shops start getting all xmassy 3 months before....i love making xmas dinner and having my family round...and i love making my xmas cake....Delia's recipe....if i see something i'd like to buy for someone now...then i would....incase it wasn't there nearer xmas...i'd hate to shop on xmas eve....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top