Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:03 AM

Laziness

In what ways are you lazy that is silly? I have to empty my inbox (and sent items) on here and I always feel too lazy to do it - why I don't know; it takes all of 2 seconds.

My mum wouldn't get up out of her chair to change channel on the TV (back in the days when there was just BBC and ITV) - all she had to do was get up and push one button but instead, she kept a long stick by her chair so she could just lean forward and push the button with the stick!

Why can some people ( ) be lazy over silly things that don't take much effort?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:06 AM

Re: Laziness

Given a choice I would sit here all day but always feel better if I don't and I push myself to get up and on. I can be lazy but I don't allow myself to be.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:35 AM

Wiping up. I often just let the dishes just drip dry, then put them away.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:37 AM

Well Mups - I can relieve your perception of laziness on that one: it has been proven to be much more hygeinic to let them drip dry than towel dry them so, you see, you are doing the right thing and not being lazy at all
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:41 AM

Yes, that's why I do it . . . (I also tell fibs).
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

07-09-2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that's why I do it . . . (I also tell fibs).
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 11:50 AM

I suppose I'm as lazy as the next man and with all this modern technology literally at our finger tips can you blame me?, I remember slagging my daughter when the TV zapper thing first arrived, saying "Well what next, are people getting too lazy to get up and turn a knob?" What makes me laugh is the modern person wondering why they are putting on weight when it's obvious they are not getting as much exercise as they used to, more people drive now when they used to walk, even short distances, some are too lazy to cook a proper dinner and buy in takeaway junk, laziness again, there's not as much factory work as there was where people had to walk around, hovering the carpet is going for a walk, now most of the work is done sitting on their backsides, I'm not blaming the people that's just the way the World is heading, a World full of fat lazy people on one side of it and thin starving people on the other side, unfortunately.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

07-09-2013, 12:00 PM

That reminds me of that song 'In The Year 2525':

In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin' to do
Some machine's doin' that for you
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 01:54 PM

Kal - when deleting yer pm's - do you tick-tick-tick down the side boxes then press delete - very quick .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
That reminds me of that song 'In The Year 2525':

In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin' to do
Some machine's doin' that for you
Always gave me the creeps that song - very spooky

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top