Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 11:27 AM

The Burglars Code

Homeowners have received a fresh warning over a set of chalk symbols which burglars use to scope out potential victims.

The markings, dubbed 'the Da Pinchi Code' are a variety of boxes, lines and shapes which show whether a house is worth breaking in to.

The symbols have been known to police for several years, but have come to police attention again recently when they were spotted on a home in Walkden, Salford.

In 2009, Surrey Police warned householders in Caterham to be careful after more of the symbols were noticed.

DC Steve Fleetwood said knowing the meaning of the symbols could be a valuable crime-fighting tool.

He said: 'The Exeter Neighbourhood Team saw them at the end of a few drives, on a few kerbs and on gate posts and we want to warn people about them.'

I suppose it's wise to know these things so if one does appear, we'll know to act on it.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/the--da-pin...1.html#DZy0AyA
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 11:33 AM

Re: The Burglars Code

So we should chalk one up ourselves either too risky, or nothing worth stealing
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 12:05 PM

Or a swag bag being walloped with a cricket bat
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 12:29 PM

I'd be surprised if many of the burglars around our way are bright enough to write/decode symbols.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 12:55 PM

Mick - this happened to us years ago in London, a fella came to the door, asked some silly question - I sent him on his way. When I looked later, there were chalk marks outside peoples houses. Learnt later - via police, it was the same above signal.... They must have decided to give it another go !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by valice ->
So we should chalk one up ourselves either too risky, or nothing worth stealing
Great idea Valice !!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top