Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 07:38 AM

Re: How about you ?

Hi

Love that one Nom.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Fish served whole on a plate. Can't eat anything that looks back at me. Liver - haven't tried since school days.
Oysters - yuk!!!!

I'm the same gasman. I love fish, but couldn't touch it if it's head was on, don't even like seeing the poor things in the fishmongers with their heads on.
And as for liver - Agh. I buy some as a treat for my dogs sometimes, they love it, but even the smell of it cooking turns my stomach. See how much I must love 'em!
I'm the same about kidneys, tongue or any internal organs like that - revolting.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 05:17 PM

The only offal which is not awful is lambs' fry and bacon
-providing there's heaps of bacon.

Ox-liver soaked in tuna oil is pretty good bream-bait though.
Then again, cats are great in crab-pots.

Fairly wary, but I do intend to try haggis in Scotland.

A Thai friend takes much of my fish frames, heads and offal, hangs the stuff in a string bag in the sun for days with a bowl underneath to catch the 'ooze' - then makes some sort of sauce/paste,
Yum ?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 05:23 PM

Isn't it strange that we can express our likes and dislikes about food but not our likes and dislikes about people and countries without being considered to be a racist.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 05:56 PM

I don't find it strange that we can express our likes or dislikes about food or particular people.

I do find it strange to dislike a country - or for that matter, a religion.
Both comprise good, bad and indifferent people.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I don't find it strange that we can express our likes or dislikes about food or particular people.

I do find it strange to dislike a country - or for that matter, a religion.
Both comprise good, bad and indifferent people.
Couldn't agree more Pum ... Impossible to dislike an entire nation and its topography too.
Pumicestone
Australia

02-10-2016, 06:23 PM

You can still spell "topography" (however irrelevant) after what you've had to drink ?!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

02-10-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
You can still spell "topography" (however irrelevant) after what you've had to drink ?!
Us English like just the odd G and T Pum, we don't need to drink ourselves into insensibility like the Aussies and the Scots.
Pumicestone
Australia

02-10-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Have you been drinking?
Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Yes !
Copiously, it seems.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oooohhhh you're missing a treat!!! - Lambs liver, tossed in flour annd wrapped in streaky bacon and slices of onion, placed in a casserole dish and coooked SLOWLY in the oven is delicious!!!
OK, I'll give it a go

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top