Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 11:27 PM

Re: How about you ?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm the same gasman. I love fish, but couldn't touch it if it's head was on, don't even like seeing the poor things in the fishmongers with their heads on.
And as for liver - Agh. I buy some as a treat for my dogs sometimes, they love it, but even the smell of it cooking turns my stomach. See how much I must love 'em!
I'm the same about kidneys, tongue or any internal organs like that - revolting.
Me too Mups. How can anyone like a bit of tongue?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Me too Mups. How can anyone like a bit of tongue?

Now why do I feel all is not as it seems . . .

gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Now why do I feel all is not as it seems . . .

Sorry Mups, I was speaking about animals tongues. The vey thought of them makes me shudder .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 01:18 PM

Oysters, I have been told they should still be alive when you swallow them and if you make the mistake of chewing them they get bigger in your mouth... I feel sick just telling you that
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 01:22 PM

When little Sunday tea was either winkles and welks we gleaned for ourselves at the rocky beach .

Or if mum had some spare cash we felt lucky to have pigs trotters , we all loved them , well did at the time , I think it was because if we didn't eat them we went hungry . Not sure if I could eat pigs trotters now though
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 01:28 PM

Oxtail and pigs trotters were often on the menu and we used to enjoy them as children, although I've not heard of them for years and don't know if you can still buy them. The one thing that I couldn't eat and turned my stomach and where I drew the line was brawn...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 01:40 PM

Hi

I have had deep fried Cobra in garlic and diced jelly fish, both quite nice.

I draw the line at beetroot, can't stand the stuff.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 02:23 PM

I wouldn't go to China and eat fried ants and other bugs, also wouldn't eat Eels or Rollmops, but I like most things.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

I draw the line at beetroot, can't stand the stuff.
Beetroot is a lovely vegetable, we just grate it raw for salads and it also makes a wonderful addition to roasted root veg, yum yum...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Sorry Mups, I was speaking about animals tongues. The vey thought of them makes me shudder .
The first time I tasted tongue was when my husband introduced me to his family for the first time. MIL-to be made some sandwiches for supper an unknowingly to me I bit into one and almost heaved when I realised what it was.
Being polite and not wanting to offend though, I sat and slowly ate the sandwiches while managing to put several pieces of it in a handkerchief when I thought no-one was looking. To this day I have never told Mr Mags that I hated his mother's sarnies!

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top