Join for free
Page 113 of 391 « First < 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2013, 09:39 AM

Re: Today I have .........

Beats squatting down in a nettle patch, and on jumping up screeching, to see a herd of inquisitive young cows coming to have a look.

I'll try anything once. Now, where to find a nettle patch in a field full of inquisitive young cows.?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 12:38 PM

... watched Death in Paradise whilst I woke up properly drinking tea and then a coffee, then had a bath and I'm now trying to ignore the dogs filthy looks that we still haven't gone out for a walk - but that wind outside looks pretty lethal to me and that's the trouble with dogs: limited intelligence.

But I know they'll win, forcing me to risk life and limb - selfish little devils
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 04:55 PM

After a busy morning Walking dogs , chopping wood bit of house work and making my sauce for tea , I then sat down had a nosy in here and read by the fire all afternoon , the dogs now want to go out again now they have had their tea.... When I could do with a snooze now ah well. it will be my tea time when I get back
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 07:32 PM

Today I finished up with the class, we all went went into a nearby pub for refreshments and to say our farewells in an neutral atmosphere, a great bunch of young people they are too, they all clubbed together and bought me a briar pipe and 50 grams of tobacco, bless them all.
Well that's finished until the next one sometime in September, but that will be back in Dublin city so no traveling or digs involved there. I'm back in my own nest now relaxing with a cigar and a glass of port, as the old saying goes "There's no fireside like your own fireside."
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Today I finished up with the class, we all went went into a nearby pub for refreshments and to say our farewells in an neutral atmosphere, a great bunch of young people they are too, they all clubbed together and bought me a briar pipe and 50 grams of tobacco, bless them all.
Well that's finished until the next one sometime in September, but that will be back in Dublin city so no traveling or digs involved there. I'm back in my own nest now relaxing with a cigar and a glass of port, as the old saying goes "There's no fireside like your own fireside."
Hi Jem it's good to see you back in the fold. Sounds like they were a grand bunch of young people who respected you very much.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 07:40 PM

Yea - good to see you back Jem...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 07:48 PM

Thanks Mags and Pats, yes I couldn't praise those young people enough, a pleasure to be with, God knows the young get enough bad press as it is.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 07:56 PM

Jem, I am a retired teacher of 38 yrs. and I know exactly the feeling you got with these young people. It makes you feel as though you chose the right field.Congratulations and good luck. Marcus
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 07:59 PM

Thanks Mags and Pats, yes I couldn't praise those young people enough, a pleasure to be with, God knows the young get enough bad press as it is.
You're so right, we need to hear some good for a change..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 11:16 PM

Hi Jem nice to see you back after what has clearly been a successful week for you.
Enjoy your port....

Page 113 of 391 « First < 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top