Join for free
Page 63 of 391 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 04:51 PM

Re: Today I have .........

Hope you are feeling better now Janela.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 07:25 PM

Oh sorry that was in the wrong place!Anyway today I have done a few bits of housework and then went for a rest on the bed as was feeling really rough.I got up and made the tea. Think I may have shingles, I have a rash on my forhead coming down my nose and round my eyes and my legs are killing me, so will have to go to the Doctors Monday.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 07:30 PM

Ouch Annie. I hope its not Shingles. I believe its very painful & takes ages to recover from.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 02:43 AM

Hope it's something mild Annie...

Today I spent the afternoon and evening visiting Mom at the long-term care home. I brought in her favourite chicken dinner and we enjoyed it with a pot of tea before watching a Sidney Poitier movie in her room. She's in good spirits and told me she's joined the choir at church, where she goes by mobility van every week. She's still in good voice at the age of 84!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

02-08-2012, 07:28 PM

Thats brilliant, cant beat a church choir and she will know all the words to the Hymns, I used to be in one and did bell Ringing.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Thats brilliant, cant beat a church choir and she will know all the words to the Hymns, I used to be in one and did bell Ringing.
Yes, I'm glad she joined.

Today I caught up a lot of paperwork in the office as we're winding up the business. I also connected with someone about teaching part-time at the local college, started editing a newsletter for the MS Society (volunteer work) and had a nice nap mid-afternoon.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

03-08-2012, 07:52 AM

You look as if you are going to have a good retirement, good luck to you AJ.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2012, 12:10 PM

Sorry for not answering sooner..thanks for the good wishes re: my tooth extraction. The stitches are mostly gone (dissolved) and the disgusting taste from a plug of some sort of antisceptic, that was under the stitches, is now down the sink
Coffee now tastes as it should and tea is tasty again too

I know lots of people about to retire like to take on part-time jobs...for me, I couldn't wait to retire and had no intention of working part-time or voluntary.
As it turned out, I retired early to look after my husband and then my mum who ended up with dementia.
Though, I have to admit that I would do some work for SENSE if I could leave hubby on his own..but I never know what he's likely to get up to
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

05-08-2012, 06:44 AM

They say every one has two years voluntary work they can do but it all depends I think on what you have at Home.I was in the WRVS and it was great, I was clothing organiser in GLoucester which involved all sorts. We had a Prison and was called out to cloth men who went inside in summer came out winter so needed warm clothes,people picked up off the streets who had to be fumigated so needed new clothes, all sorts. Prison Visited YPs in Prison, then there was the old insulated containers for the Walks, up all night in a bus shelter giving tea to walkers.Really enjoyed it all ,thank you Lady Redding for giving the job to us, we sang this to the Dads Army tune.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 11:40 AM

Today I had made plans to head off with the wife for a lunch at a seaside establishment, I even got out of bed at 7am!, but ain't it typical of this Summer, suddenly the lovely blue sky is covered by a bloody great grey mist and somehow the seaside is not so appealing anymore, she'll have to settle for a bowl of soup and a roll in the local. I was about to pay a very rare compliment to our weather people, they said Wednesday was going to be lovely all day, sorry lads it's not good enough, n'er a word about the foggy thing, lets hope you're wrong about the thunder storms tomorrow.

Page 63 of 391 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top