Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

22-05-2021, 08:11 AM

Re: Past; Present and Future do they really exist?

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I suppose that when you think about it, the present doesn't exist as everything is moving forward in time so you can only have a future and a past.
but isn't the past just a 'present' event that we moved away from? it once was "present" and then disappeared from view except what we can reproduce with the mind and visual artifacts? But easy to consider and look at but harder to prove - where did it go? we make up casual words like "yesterday" to define it BUT some scientists propose that it is still there. Go back to see a bridge you knew as a boy - for you it's in the past but it can still be there. If it has been demolished it is still there in the recreated atoms?

the present often for some of us moves very slowly - we sleep at 10pm - awake at 6am the next something and it can all still be the present - but we just use different names - like tomorrow has arrived and it's now 22/05 and not 21/05 but these times are meaningless to an ever moving universe.

when you awake on the 22/05 you are supposedly now in the present but you always were. Take away the signposts and we can see and experience a different dimension.

I sometimes wake at 5 of the clock look out of the window and there is daylight but i am not sure if it is pm of the same day or am of the next day. But it doesn't really matter - I am me still - aging imperceptibly and there are still actions for me to engage in. Time and its measurement has been a construct of our imaginations
bret
bret is male 

22-05-2021, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
now now pixie - well have to send you off into another universe soon! in about 30 mins got ya watch on ? haha

wow ya doin well LD if you fully understand Multiverse as it is often known - not seen as a true science by many but still well debated in the literature - all cards are open on the table imo - the scientists argue as much as we do about this and that - we are all guessing and clutching - I do love a nice clutch occasionally don't you.

here's a link about mulitverse I need to study it more myself too - I;m just budding!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiv...scribe%20them.
well I've checked that out and I'd say stew it - everyone is arguing with everyone else and using languages that seem to be invented - end result - no clear result! they've even got an Occoms razor - OMG
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 08:21 PM

oh that's ok its the mind that's all matter the rest is just fat and carbohydrates!
The brain is 65% fat of which 25% is cholesterol.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I suppose that when you think about it, the present doesn't exist as everything is moving forward in time so you can only have a future and a past.
Possibly only a past
bret
bret is male 

24-05-2021, 12:12 PM

if you can see it and touch it and taste it and hear it and smell it for a while then it's present for a little while imo
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 10:58 PM

I would like some of whatever you are smoking
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 11:41 AM

but isn't the past just a 'present' event that we moved away from? it once was "present" and then disappeared from view except what we can reproduce with the mind and visual artifacts? But easy to consider and look at but harder to prove - where did it go? we make up casual words like "yesterday" to define it BUT some scientists propose that it is still there. Go back to see a bridge you knew as a boy - for you it's in the past but it can still be there. If it has been demolished it is still there in the recreated atoms?

the present often for some of us moves very slowly - we sleep at 10pm - awake at 6am the next something and it can all still be the present - but we just use different names - like tomorrow has arrived and it's now 22/05 and not 21/05 but these times are meaningless to an ever moving universe.

when you awake on the 22/05 you are supposedly now in the present but you always were. Take away the signposts and we can see and experience a different dimension.

I sometimes wake at 5 of the clock look out of the window and there is daylight but i am not sure if it is pm of the same day or am of the next day. But it doesn't really matter - I am me still - ageing imperceptibly and there are still actions for me to engage in. Time and its measurement has been a construct of our imaginations
Time, in itself, is an abstract concept and can be classed as the `4th dimension`. We can't see it, only pass through it but as you say, its measurement (such as it is) is a man-made device. `Time` in our linear world can go at different rates for different people - if a person busies themselves on some project or other, time seems to go faster. Conversely, if you are stuck in an exam or at an office doing a boring job, your version of time will drag and appear never ending.
bret
bret is male 

26-05-2021, 05:39 AM

I'm not sure whether anyone has demonstrated the dimensions of what is called time - we watch the moon come up and disappear - then the sun come up and disappear; and then some clever dicky invented perhaps an 'artificial' construct and incidentally called it time? We didn't cause the moon and sun to obey our 'time constructs' we just made our time machines fit the natural phenomena of them both?

Take away time which some people have fun with on hols and the world keeps on [I was gonna say ticking away!] well seems to be revolving which we have measured. But in fact we could live our lives with no time involved as say first nation people did - Aussie Aborigines did ; first nation NZ did ; South sea islanders did ; Inuits did: Amazon forest peoples did: need I go on?

they had no time machines just watched the sun and moon and seasons full stop. So time by which we measure it is probably still illusionary although no doubt convenient. But we probably then invented past; present and future too?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 06:01 AM

Must be good for all the "Jailbirds" to know they ain't really "Doing Time".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 06:03 AM

Time is like Money, the more you got, the more you have to worry about!!!!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top