Join for free
View Poll Results: Would you vote to stay or go?
STAY IN THE EU 34 27.87%
LEAVE THE EU 88 72.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 05:27 PM

EU...IN or OUT?

Given your mindset at the present time, if the referendum were to be held tomorrow, how would you vote?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 06:13 PM

Re: EU...IN or OUT?

I'd be interested to know how many people really know the consequences of either outcome. I predict that most will say they would vote for leaving because of perceived benefits, but I personally do not know enough to make a balanced decision, and I suspect I am far from alone in that.

Good thing I'm not in the UK as I won't have to vote!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 06:26 PM

You're not alone!
I've voted with my gut today, for real when the time comes I will vote with my brain.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 06:27 PM

A good poll to have Ruthio, well done.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

12-10-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
A good poll to have Ruthio, well done.
Thanks Plantman, that's really nice to know
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 04:21 PM

At least, if we left the EU and just traded with countries of our choice, we could close our borders because WE want to do that. We won't be dictated to by an unelected handful of bigots. We won't have dozens of new laws thrust upon us uninvited or wanted. In fact, we would be able to get back to being Britain, a once proud nation of much importance, and not a nation bordering on third world status!

We would also save billions of pounds which we have to send to Europe whilst we remain part of EU. Money which would considerably help our NHS, our diminishing police force, our schools and our armed forces.

I'm afraid,now, I can see no positive reasons for remaining in Europe. I am not expecting Cameron to manage to get better deals for UK, so there will be a lot more UK residents who will vote to come out of Europe, and as soon as possible.

It's only big companies who want to stay in Europe for purely financial purposes, and to line their own pockets. If these said big companies paid up the taxes that they owed this country, and have done so for years, then possibly this country would not be in the financial trouble that it is in now!

The government would not be coming on the poorer section of the communities to try to bolster up the piggy bank.

I could say a lot more but in deference to those members who find it difficult to read long posts I will finish what I have to say now. I hasten to add that all this is my opinion.

Thank you for struggling through to the end of my post.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 05:06 PM

Wasn't a struggle. It was a good, informative post which perfectly hit on the major points to consider.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 05:52 PM

A bit tricky to give an opinion today Ruthio while we are negotiating certain things which may make great improvements to our future membership of the community, better to wait for the outcome of those negotiations before finally making up our minds.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

13-10-2015, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
A bit tricky to give an opinion today Ruthio while we are negotiating certain things which may make great improvements to our future membership of the community, better to wait for the outcome of those negotiations before finally making up our minds.
See thread EU referendum page1 post5 malcolm, that's where the idea was born for this preliminary poll
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

29-10-2015, 09:54 PM

22 to 6 in favour of leaving...so far.

Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top