Join for free
Page 2 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 01:34 PM

Re: And Still They Try To Thwart Democracy!!

Brexit is a DISASTER. We need the EU, the EU needs the UK.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 01:48 PM

What a political pygmy that Farron is, and how contemptible that he and his ilk want to thwart the majority. These people are great believers in democracy until it doesn't go their way, then they stamp their feet and spit their dummies out like spoilt children.

I'm sorry to disagree Flicker but you are wrong, that's what we employ a government for, we delegate the the power to them but then have to trust that they will do their best for us. As the old saying goes, "you pays your money and you takes your choice" We have chosen a conservative government and we have chosen to leave the EU, now we have to let them get on with the job, for better or worse.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 02:06 PM

I was looking forward to a comfortable retirement on a reasonable pension, not going to happen now. Thanks to xenophobic and short sighted people I cannot get a decent annuity now so will have to take my chances investing elsewhere.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 02:14 PM

Hi

I have to disagree to some extent Barry in that incompetent Governments got us into this mess in the first place.

We may well have voted to remain in the EU if Cameron had been any good at all in negotiating,

We would not have the current Migrant Crisis if he had stood up to Merkel and Juncker.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I was looking forward to a comfortable retirement on a reasonable pension, not going to happen now. Thanks to xenophobic and short sighted people I cannot get a decent annuity now so will have to take my chances investing elsewhere.
Hi

Xenophobia has nothing at all to do with Annuity Rates.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Xenophobia has nothing at all to do with Annuity Rates.
Just like Brexit has nothing to do with immigrants?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have to disagree to some extent Barry in that incompetent Governments got us into this mess in the first place.

We may well have voted to remain in the EU if Cameron had been any good at all in negotiating,

We would not have the current Migrant Crisis if he had stood up to Merkel and Juncker.
I have to disagree SF inasmuch I don't believe we are in a mess, and even without the migrant crisis and Cameron's dire "renegotiations" ( quite obvious to all and sudry just a pathetic ruse), I feel a huge relief that the oppressive years of being ruled by an arrogant, incompetent, unelected elite will soon be behind us.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

12-11-2016, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I have to disagree SF inasmuch I don't believe we are in a mess, and even without the migrant crisis and Cameron's dire "renegotiations" ( quite obvious to all and sudry just a pathetic ruse), I feel a huge relief that the oppressive years of being ruled by an arrogant, incompetent, unelected elite will soon be behind us.
Only if a General Election is forced and the Tories are voted out, at the moment they have a mandate to do whatever they want.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

12-11-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Only if a General Election is forced and the Tories are voted out, at the moment they have a mandate to do whatever they want.
You've lost me there...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-11-2016, 02:43 PM

Hi

Purwell, Annuity rates are all to do with Interest Rates and Dividends.

Corbyn's taxation plans will mean Annuity rates will go down, not up.

Page 2 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top