Join for free
Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 08:26 PM

Re: Oh dear, the EU is not having all its own way.

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
You don't quite get this do you?
This is a myth.
Each time you sign one of the 80 or so trade deals you will need to make up what you threw away, you will have to obey the rules of the other country. Including any EU country....which at the minute you wont be trading with because you won't accept one of their rules.

As for making your own rules, please list me some you think you can't make because of the EU and which would make the UK a better place.
Yawn and yawn again duckie, face facts, if you you and your ilk possibly can.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I think that 'Flicker' is a nom de plume of Tiny Tim.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 06:24 AM

Eh? Isn't it a bit too early to say who is dictating what? All this bluster is just for the feeble minded in the respective domestic markets.

What do you actually know about what has actually been negotiated so far? Three parts of bugger all is my guess.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Eh? Isn't it a bit too early to say who is dictating what? All this bluster is just for the feeble minded in the respective domestic markets.

What do you actually know about what has actually been negotiated so far? Three parts of bugger all is my guess.
No! The leavers know everything there is to know.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Hi

Very true Bruce.

The things we know are very few.

The UK will definitely be losing Euro Trading and Clearing.

This is not nastiness on the part of the EU, it is commonsense, we would have done exactly the same.

There is no way we would allow the £ to be centred in Paris or Frankfurt.

Secondly, we are losing both The European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the European Banking Authority (EBA)

The EBA is no great loss, the EMA is, we will need to set up our own.

Thirdly, we are leaving Euratom.

A unilateral decision by our own Government.

It is to my mind, an act of monumental stupidity, an extremely expensive stupidity as well.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 08:22 AM

One thing we do know is Mrs may offered safety to eu migrants but Eu refused to have anything to do with that. To me that means they'll use human beings as bargaining chips which is awful.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 08:28 AM

Flicker
if you are so much against the UK then damn well get off a UK forum and stay with your froggie friends forums over there
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 08:34 AM

I started a thread a few days ago asking why people left the uk, I was surprised no one actually disliked or hated uk, because from what flicker has said its like she hates uk and that was her reason to leave. It was uplifting to realise that's not the reason others have left. Loving uk as I do I was hoping others didn't hate it so much they'd leave us.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I asked you to tell us FACTS about what EU laws you think have done real damage to the UK...so much so that you want to leave. I mean you did say you don't want EU laws anymore.
And I get this as a reply.

I asked for facts and you tell me to face them!!

So I can only assume you have no idea and as usual are paraphrasing something that started in the Daily Mail or in a pub. The kind of mindless jingoism that goes along with military campaigns but in fact are meaningless when you scratch the surface.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 09:56 AM

Hi

In terms of finances, leaving makes no sense at all.

The £350 million a week saving was an enormous lie, as big a lie as Project Fear.

We will not be saving any money at all, it will be costing us money to leave.

In terms of Euro Clearing alone, the volume of money flowing through London is £840 Billion a day.

Not only do we do the clearing, we provide the Insurance for these trades, Export Guarantees etc etc.

The profit margins on these are very , very small, a tiny fraction of 1%, nothing at all like the entirely ludicrous exchange rates you pay when you swap some £s for Euros for your holidays.

However, due to the vast amounts traded, £840 Billion a day, it adds up to far more than we pay the EU.

The tax take on this alone amounts to far more than we pay the EU.

Leaving was to me absolutely nothing to do with finances or Immigration.

EU Immigration was and still is , entirely our own fault, and very easily controlled by changes to our Benefits System.

Leaving to me was about leaving a corrupt and undemocratic organisation, run for the benefit of the few and to our detriment.

Merkel, who needs the Euro to keep the German currency artificially depressed, Juncker, who still keeps Luxembourg as the biggest Tax Haven in the EU, both of whom do not pay for their own Defence and expect the USA, UK, Greece and Poland to pay for it.

France, which breaks every rule in the book with seemingly total impunity.

Plenty of reasons to leave, few to stay.

Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top