Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 12:21 PM

Re: Co Enzyme 10 Supplenents - Anyone Take Them?

Originally Posted by Brill17 ->
Yes I take 200 mgs in the morning. It helps my heart and circulation.
That's brill, Brill but how do you know it has benefited you?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Realist....
There was a documentary on TV a couple of weeks ago dealing with 'Free Radicals' and the need for antioxidants to remove them from the system.
It turns out that the theory about 'Antioxidants' was discovered by a bloke in America in the fifties. He was involved with a company who manufactured some health product containing (among other things) life extending 'Antioxidants' and nobody since has checked his findings....Until now!

There have been a few studies in British universities who have found that, instead of lengthening life expectancy, antioxidants actually reduce longevity by removing the free radicals. It could be that the theories about 'Antioxidants' could have been started as a sales pitch started in the fifties that nobody bothered to investigate....

I still have a recording of the documentary, so will provide details later when I've time to study it.....
Holy Norah, something else to worry about!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 05:02 PM

It's not a new theory. Here's an article from Time magazine 2013 discussing how antioxidants have been oversold. The recommendation is to eat a healthy balanced diet. I've always thought it was a load of nonsense to think that this food or that is a miracle food. Particularly the claims about the benefits of red wine (which is full of sulphites). I don't believe drinking beetroot juice or eating lots of blueberries will extend my life.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/08/0...-antioxidants/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's not a new theory. Here's an article from Time magazine 2013 discussing how antioxidants have been oversold. The recommendation is to eat a healthy balanced diet. I've always thought it was a load of nonsense to think that this food or that is a miracle food. Particularly the claims about the benefits of red wine (which is full of sulphites). I don't believe drinking beetroot juice or eating lots of blueberries will extend my life.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/08/0...-antioxidants/
Thanks Annie, I've just watched the documentary again and picked out some names of the people doing some research. I'll google them and see what I can find out.....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top