Join for free
Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 07:33 PM

Re: "Two Years Working to Stop Us Leaving the EU".

Sun Readers of the World untie!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We voted to Leave.

No provisions had been made for doing so.

Cameron resigned, the Tory Party had a Leadership Vote and we got Theresa May.

She appointed three Arch Brexiteers to seliver.

Boris, David Davies and Liam Fox.

We can have our cake and eat it, this will be the quickest Trade Deal ever done. They need us more than we need them.

Article 50 was triggered, along with our Red Lines, NO Norway, NO Switzerland and No ECJ.

That gave us two years to sort it.

We had the battle cry, No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

The Brexiteers delivered Naff All.

May called an Election, no need to do so, and then lost her Majority.

We are now being dictated by 10 DUP Nutcases.

Liam Fox racked off the Countries we have Trade Deals with as part of the EU, causing complaints to the WTO.

The EU did not budge, you can have your No Deal

Boris resigned, so did Davies.

No leadership challenge, no one has come forward.

We are ripping ourselves apart and getting trodden on.

We cannot blame the EU for this, it is entirely our own fault.

They delivered Naff All.
Yes ... sums it up nicely. I don't know what the brexiters were expecting.

(or why)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 10:31 PM

I've been struggling to think of a reply to this thread but keep finding myself going back to the title and shaking my head. 2 years working just puzzles me. If I worked for two years I'd hope to have achieved more than either the UK leaver/remainers or the EU, what exactly have they all been doing ? They take money from the public purse all of them, they supposedly work full time all of them. That's a lot of hours to fill with WORK ! But the result is .......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've been struggling to think of a reply to this thread but keep finding myself going back to the title and shaking my head. 2 years working just puzzles me. If I worked for two years I'd hope to have achieved more than either the UK leaver/remainers or the EU, what exactly have they all been doing ? They take money from the public purse all of them, they supposedly work full time all of them. That's a lot of hours to fill with WORK ! But the result is .......
Hi

Our Politicians have been fighting amongst themselves instead of putting the result of the referendum first.

We have been seriously let down by them.

This applies to all Political Parties, not just the Tories.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Now, there's interesting !

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2018/11/ni...rZ2W25gYC0Jzgo

' Former UKIP leader, Nigel Farage caused concerns with his comments about voting against the deal and the risk of a second vote.

He said: “It won’t just be Westminster that votes on this, it will be the European Parliament too that has the final say on this.'
Seems like Farage thinks he will be voting about brexit in europarliament. He hasn't read paragraph 4 of article 50:

. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Sun Readers of the World untie!

.... you have nothing to lose but your Murdochs !!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Sorry Realist, must have been typing my post when you posted. You explained it so much better in detail than I did. Well done.
No he didn't, don't sell yourself short - yours was concise and said everything that he did in half the lines. Waffle is not a better explanation just a longer more tedious one.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 11:32 AM

The sooner that damn woman goes the better IMO
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
The sooner that damn woman goes the better IMO
Strange that if you are a Remainer, or a Leaver, whichever side you were on, you will probably both feel that you have been the loser in this project.

I'm not sure that I can see any bonuses for either side.

Even an election would not appear to provide any satisfaction.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I wonder how Theresa May would vote if there was to be a second referendum if her deal is trashed in Parliament?

What would the choices be? perhaps...

The PM's Final negotiated Brexit Deal

Stay in the EU

Leave the EU with no Deal.

Wouldn't the above be a field day for campaigners of each choice. Each would have to take on the job of trashing the other two.

Sadly, it would also be obvious that it would be the Leavers who would lose because it would be two choices in favour of leaving thereby splitting the leave voters, and one for remaining, which again, would entail the remain would win.

Hard Brexit, Soft Brexit and No Brexit.

You seem to rule out the possibility that a (large) part of former remain chosers now chose for leaving with a deal. And as most leavers are not stupid they chose for the option leave with the deal, too.
Result would be a significant majority for leaving the EU with a deal.

Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top