Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2011, 09:23 PM

Football Disappointment!

Disappointed twice this weekend-firstly-Man Utd. were beaten but in all honesty they deserved it-they were rubbish! and secondly Bolton, which is only about 6 miles from me, were hammered by Stoke . Suppose I'll have to back Man. City now, as they are more local than Stoke.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2011, 10:24 PM

Re: Football Disappointment!

I really thought Man U would be in the Final, I blame it on Rooney getting himself banned for two matches
I haven't got the same interest in the Cup Final this year, the two finalists aren't particularly exciting to watch.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I really thought Man U would be in the Final, I blame it on Rooney getting himself banned for two matches
I haven't got the same interest in the Cup Final this year, the two finalists aren't particularly exciting to watch.
I blamed it on Rooney as well Mags....needed Giggs too!
Don't think I'll be watching-will see any goals on the news!
james
London, UK
james is male  james has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2011, 03:35 PM

This is an interesting one with none of the usual suspects involved now despite them all having actually tried this year. I don't think Rooney makes that much difference to a team. Too unreliable to be the centre pin of any team. Okay he can put in the really good game now and then but far too often there is a petulant display on show.
Scholes should have been substituted. He gets tired lunges in and gets sent off. This happens on a fairly regular basis and Ferguson really should have learnt this by now. Scholes has never been the best tackler in the school anyway.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2011, 06:43 PM

Oh dear dont know about City, I was and I suppose I am still a Manu supporter,But I am also aRugby fan, my team Is Ireland and i am a big BOD fan, also their is a Flannery plays in the team and I was born a Flannery.My Dad was a city supporter and couldnt stand Manu.I like Liverpool because they are better looking than Manu.Bye for now Annie.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2011, 06:47 PM

I know this is not done but I was watching Arsenal the other day and what a lot of young players they have dont seem to do much long ball kicking actually play like the old playerstom Finney and likes, Nobby Stiles etc. Annie.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

18-04-2011, 06:50 PM

Sorry its me again, Dont know whats wrong with Rooney( maybe his other pastime is taking its toll, needs to get a grip, yes Giggs is brilliant. Annie.
marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 05:10 PM

Not really interested in football, though I watch it but Rooney seems very disappointing these days.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

19-04-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by marilyno07 ->
Not really interested in football, though I watch it but Rooney seems very disappointing these days.
Agree with you Marilyno07, Rooney is disappointing at the moment, yet when he's on top form he is great! I don't really follow all football, but always watch when Man. Utd. or England or playing....
james
London, UK
james is male  james has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2011, 02:56 PM

I do wonder about the future of Rooney. There were rumours around of drinking like his alleged hero of the time Gasgoine. It was reported that he wanted to be known as Wazza. I do hope not though. It would be sad to see him take the path of Gascoigne, Best, Marsh and well too many others into the world of a drunken has been being fed alcohol by hangers on.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top