Join for free
Page 29 of 29 « First < 19 27 28 29
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 03:38 PM

Re: Anyone prepping for an Oct No-Deal?

What a load of bilge! No use conveniently blaming Boris. The whole of Parliament rejected the Withdrawal Bill. End of.

Now the EU has two choices, they can either return to the negotiating table and negotiate a deal other than one that no self-respecting sovereign nation would ever accept, (regardless of your closet Remainer, May's endeavours) or they accept that we are leaving without a deal. And as the EU is so fond of being quoted............. THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

Despite my absolute loathing of the EU Commission, they would at least gain a spick of respect if they took their heads from out of their backsides and realise that if we leave without a deal, with Germany on the brink of recession, and France an economic basketcase at the present time, they are risking untold damage to themselves. We too will be hurting to begin with, but we are in a much stronger position than the EU to pull our socks up and get on with making this country a great independent sovereign nation again.

What planet is the EU living on to be behaving in such a disgraceful way?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What a load of bilge! No use conveniently blaming Boris. The whole of Parliament rejected the Withdrawal Bill. End of.

Now the EU has two choices, they can either return to the negotiating table and negotiate a deal other than one that no self-respecting sovereign nation would ever accept, (regardless of your closet Remainer, May's endeavours) or they accept that we are leaving without a deal. And as the EU is so fond of being quoted............. THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

Despite my absolute loathing of the EU Commission, they would at least gain a spick of respect if they took their heads from out of their backsides and realise that if we leave without a deal, with Germany on the brink of recession, and France an economic basketcase at the present time, they are risking untold damage to themselves. We too will be hurting to begin with, but we are in a much stronger position than the EU to pull our socks up and get on with making this country a great independent sovereign nation again.

What planet is the EU living on to be behaving in such a disgraceful way?
By law the EU is not in a position to react otherwise. They negotiated a deal with the executive sovereign government. That deal needs to be ratified by EU parliament. Due to the way the HoC set up the act of withdrawal, the deal first needs to be ratified by the HoC. Till that happens the EU is waiting.
In law there is no provision for the HoC not to ratify. Your house brought this down on themselves. Now you need a strong pm who dares to confront them with the inevitable. Clearly that was not may, and it is not boris.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The UK were granted an extension to ratify the withdrawal deal. You were warned by Tusk not to spoil this time.
Moreover, the condition for granting the extension was that you wouldn't ask for renegotiating. Yet boris does.
Treacherous bastard. A real pm tells his people that he is bound in honour by his predecessor.

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/p...-on-extension/

This extension excludes any re-opening of the Withdrawal Agreement. Any unilateral
commitment, statement or other act by the United Kingdom should be compatible with the
letter and the spirit of the Withdrawal Agreement, and must not hamper its
implementation. Such an extension cannot be used to start negotiations on the future
relationship.
A bit like those terms and conditions hidden in the small print that's imposed on desperate or unsuspecting individuals in loan shark agreements or ppp scams.

Luckily that was May's Govt's problem.

Boris gets a clean slate and it's simply a waiting game until the penny drops in The Dutch capital of Brussels!!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
SG my comments were in response to Moscow's cowardly insulting posts. But i am not reassured that anyone here knows more than i do on the no deal scenario. So not sure i understand what's offensive.

My views for voting remain are as per my original post.

Perhaps you know more about what will happen to Gibraltar and Brits living in other EU countries in the event of a no deal? Not much is being said in the press about this since BJ took office.
Nothing cowardly or insulting about honesty, Annie.

Nothing will happen to Gibraltar and Brits living in EU countries will be subject to the laws of those countries and whichever EU laws apply..........
EU citizens living in the UK will be subject to UK law, just as it should be.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
A bit like those terms and conditions hidden in the small print that's imposed on desperate or unsuspecting individuals in loan shark agreements or ppp scams.

Luckily that was May's Govt's problem.

Boris gets a clean slate and it's simply a waiting game until the penny drops in The Dutch capital of Brussels!!
The decision by your government was published in the usual way, as was the EU's. If you are interested in these things you need to employ some initiative my friend.

Clean slate? That is a misconception on your side. Pm's come and go, but the government perpetuates.
On behalf of british government may signed a deal. Now that same, bounded, government is represented by boris. I won't wait for a penny dropping in scotland (before it hits the ground it is grabbed from the air by at least ten scots).
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The decision by your government was published in the usual way, as was the EU's. If you are interested in these things you need to employ some initiative my friend.

Clean slate? That is a misconception on your side. Pm's come and go, but the government perpetuates.
On behalf of british government may signed a deal. Now that same, bounded, government is represented by boris. I won't wait for a penny dropping in scotland (before it hits the ground it is grabbed from the air by at least ten scots).
The backstop is exactly what is going to happen to the 27.

Tick tock - we just werent stupid enough to accept it. You guys on the other hand will have it mandated by your unelected leaders

Meanwhile... 81 days and counting

Page 29 of 29 « First < 19 27 28 29

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top