Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 09:34 AM

Re: Poldark V Mr. Beecham

It always seems to happen with successful series, they make it interesting by killing off big characters then struggle to find new ones with new stories that no one cares about. I watched Poldark last night because I was interested to see how the story would end but it was full of new characters. I can't really remember what I watched.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They always manage to get from Cornwall to London and back in ten minutes so she should be OK.
She was in The Alps!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
She was in The Alps!!!
Twenty minutes then.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Well, I opted for Beecham because I’ve been watching it.
I had no idea Poldark was on - oooh! It’s one of my absolute favourite series of books and TV series.
If it’s a new series I must find it on catch up. Hope I haven’t missed many episodes.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 04:13 PM

It was a bit disjointed I thought. Hopefully all will settle down and become clear.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 06:45 PM

I did watch the first episode of the new series of Poldark yesterday, but to be honest, I found it a bit boring. Cap'n Poldark seems to have turned a bit scruffy with his raggy hair. (give me more naked torso please!)
The storyline wasn't that riveting either. Oh well, maybe it will get better.

Off topic for a sec, anyone watch the first of three episodes yesterday looking back at when they first moved in to "The Chateau"? Really love that programme.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 08:29 PM

Yes Shropshire girl , I've followed the series for a long time. Isn't the chateau beautiful and what a fab life they have . Angel is very talented and hubby Dick very clever , he can do anything .

I'd love to spend a holiday there but think its expensive . .

Angel even has mum and dad up the road to help out .
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 09:38 PM

I watched the 1st episode of Poldark today.
It’s interesting that several of you find it disjointed / boring - I certainly noticed the big differences from the original storyline in the books.

I’ve read all the books several times over the years and the tv series, up to now, has more or less followed the main storyline, despite a few adaptations for tv.
However, this episode was very confusing because I couldn’t recall any of the new characters which were introduced and thought I was having a memory lapse.
However, I now realise they have deliberately parted from some of the original story as written by Winston Graham to wind things up in this final series.
It will be interesting to see how this series develops - I don’t know what to expect now!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-07-2019, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yes Shropshire girl , I've followed the series for a long time. Isn't the chateau beautiful and what a fab life they have . Angel is very talented and hubby Dick very clever , he can do anything .

I'd love to spend a holiday there but think its expensive . .

Angel even has mum and dad up the road to help out .
He's a clever Dick.

I loved the first series.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I did watch the first episode of the new series of Poldark yesterday, but to be honest, I found it a bit boring. Cap'n Poldark seems to have turned a bit scruffy with his raggy hair. (give me more naked torso please!)
The storyline wasn't that riveting either. Oh well, maybe it will get better.

Off topic for a sec, anyone watch the first of three episodes yesterday looking back at when they first moved in to "The Chateau"? Really love that programme.
Really Poldark has become so noble I have started to feel sorry for George .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top