Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 10:53 AM

The People Versus Parliament.

I thought I had heard and seen everything with Brexit, but that old Trot Corbyn’s last desperate plot for a coup of our Parliament by a vote of no confidence in Boris, then going to see the Queen and expecting her to allow him to be installed as “temporary Prime Minister” so he could be (a) rid of the threat of no-deal, and (b) ask the EU for an extension so he could call a general election, has been rightly well and truly snubbed by leaders of the opposition parties. Not that they have anything that we would thank them for. They are still treacherous leeches in my eyes. But as for Corbyn crackpot idea? The idiot is a deluded fool.

I am sure there will be those on here who will be only too willing to shoot my views down. Frankly, I couldn’t care less, I will have my say.

It is as I understand it and just to recap, Leaving should have been straightforward. We the people, voted OUT. in a vote that every single MP agreed would be binding. That meant leaving the customs union, the single market and the jurisdiction of the ECJ. This would put us in exactly the same position as all other countries that are not in the EU, and which trade with them under WTO rules would be on the basis of a free trade agreement.

Just one problem! The people then found that the entire British political and business establishment have been totally opposed to Brexit from the beginning. Why? Because they are tied to the EU gravy train. Even our own civil servants have loved the idea of bureaucrats running everything, just as they do at the EU Commission. The big businesses love the Customs Union which raises prices of imports from abroad and the Single Market that allows them to bring in cheap labour from the poorer parts of Europe, and the lobbyists making millions from persuading Brussels to introduce ever more regulations to ensure the large, unprofitable useless businesses have no competition.

But, the biggest traitors to our democracy has been our own UK Parliament, who have been determined to stop Brexit by any means necessary. Even Heseltine, on the day after the referendum, publicly stated - “It will never happen”.
They have attacked Brexit from all sides, aided and abetted of course by the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation.

Just think back to how they started it. It was like a Three-Pronged attack on us.

First came the patronising of the Leave voters. Remember how they started picking on us older voters, the majority of us who voted Leave? Remember the “they are stealing the futures of the young”. And “They didn’t know what they were voting for”. plus that bitch, Polly Toynbee, counting us off as we died and then proudly announcing in January 2019, that enough of us had died that a second referendum would result in a Remain vote.

Our sick British establishment were more than happy to see the EU bully and humiliate us to bring us back into line. The unspeakable BBC was more than willing to cooperate with them by gleefully reporting every warning by Barnier, Juncker, Tusk and Verhofstadt, along with every patronising view of other commentators around the world who opposed Brexit.
Any economic good news was scrumpled up and thrown into bins under their desks.

Second, was to turn a simple decision to Leave into something far more complex. We were told that “Leave” was not as straightforward as it looks and we were invited to consider a Norway-style Brexit or even a Turkey-style Brexit. Or there was the Swiss model or the Canadian model with up to 3 pluses. Or we could join the EEA and possibly EFTA too.
Of course, if all this was too confusing for us, there was always the option of remaining in the EU.

Thirdly, was the pretence of negotiating Brexit with the EU by a traitorous, remain supporting Prime Minister, Theresa May, and a negotiating team made up of remain-supporting civil servants. Oh, she gave it the big spiel, how can we forget her famous words “Leaving means leaving the customs union, the single market, the jurisdiction of the ECJ, and ending free movement and the budget contributions". Although she wished to continue having strong trading relationship with the EU. And how can we forget her said 100 times, “No Deal is better than a Bad Deal”. Oh, how we were taken in by her.

She certainly fooled us Leavers to begin with. But it was all pure deception. As we all now know, the “negotiating” she was carrying out with the EU was nothing but a complete betrayal of the British people. Even Michael Barnier made it clear in a tweet in 2016 that this was his objective, “the withdrawal agreement is so hard on the British that they’ll prefer to stay in the EU”
An unnamed Civil Servant even wrote an article published on 10 Jan 2019 entitled - “Don’t be fooled - this Brexit deal creates a triple lock to shackle the UK to Brussels forever”

Well, there we are. This is how I, as an ordinary British citizen, a wife, mother, grandmother and until recently, a taxpayer, stupidly believing that I, like my mum and dad before me, lived in a democratic country. The UK, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Proud that we show the way in democracy. What a joke! The likes of Hammond, Grieves, Letwin, Greening and other traitors, have trampled that thought into the ground.

What are your thoughts on these traitorous cockroaches? My uncharitable thoughts at the moment is that they should be strung up at Marble Arch!!

I also ask Remain voters this question and would respectfully appreciate a reply.

If the referendum vote had gone your way, Leave voters, because we have always respected democracy in this country, would have fully respected and accepted the same as we have only ever known and always done so throughout British history, and simply gone on with our lives. Disappointed yes, but that is democracy and must always be respected.

So how, in all honesty, can you possibly condone every filthy dirty, underhanded and treacherous, undemocratic act and behaviour by the elite establishment that has taken place since the referendum result that went in the Leavers favour?
I find it hard to believe that any ordinary person could ever condone such blatant abject treachery by our own establishment towards its own people and the rightful democratic result.

I also find it hard to believe that you would still be blindly following them in full agreement. So please, even up to today’s news with that fool Corbyn and his desperate last gasp at Marxist power, can you justify backing such a betrayal of your fellow citizens?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Re: The People Versus Parliament.

Great post SG ^^^

Corbyn is a nut case, last week he was going to go in a taxi to the Queen to tell her he was the new Prime Minister. Not bad for someone who has is totally agains the Monarchy.

The guy is seriously unhinged.

The good news is that Corbyn just keeps on handing votes to the Brexit Party and the Tories. I hope he keeps up his nuttiness its great entertainment.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 11:16 AM

An excellent post, SG, which effectively sums up the situation we now find ourselves in.

As someone who has respected democracy and brought my family up to use their votes, whatever their views, I despair at the way our politicians are behaving at the moment. In fact, after 50+ years of voting, it concerns me that I may never vote again.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 11:28 AM

Well said SG, I agree with every word!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Well said SG, I agree with every word!
+ 1

And if the HYS section of the Beeb's news website reporting this story is anything to go by, the majority of the comments would support your view too SG.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 11:38 AM

Have to agree with the others, an excellent post. When we voted to leave we should have gone within a couple of weeks. All this argy bargy rubbish would not have occurred and problems quickly sorted out.

Politicians , at least in this country, are only out for their own ends not for complying with what the country wants.

My late father I always remember him saying " if you no good at anything go into the church or politics". How right he was
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 12:17 PM

As usual SG, you have managed to condense all the totally
undemocratic manouvering that has gone on for the last
3yrs into one paragraph. We can only hope we are seeing
the last kicks of a dying horse?
A larger problem than Corbyn will be imo the Bercow issue,
we need to neutralise him somehow by removing him from
the equation possibly due to his lack of impartiality?
Once again, great post SG!

Regards Donkeyman!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:11 PM

Thanks.

You are correct DK. Bercow is one of the worst culprits. A disgrace to the position of Speaker and impartiality.

It is little wonder he has come out with his Braveheart type speech to a fringe party in Scotland. He knows full well that his position as Speaker is only safe until the dissolution of Parliament, which is Boris's threat in order for us to leave the EU. Need I say more?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Thankyou for that post Shropshiregirl, I'm sure it sums up the feelings of many people, including myself, over the past three years or so
I shall reward your hard work with a joke, about a woman wh goes to her doctor -

Woman - I've got a strange problem doctor, and it's a bit embarrassing as well

Doctor - Well, I've been in this job for several years, I'm sure I'll cope, tell me about it

Woman - Well, there's a noise coming from my vagina

Doctor - Yes, that is unusual. What does it sound like?

Woman - well, it sounds like 'peoplesvotepeoplesvotepeoplesvote'

Doctor - Oh, we know about that. A lot of tw@ts have been saying that recently
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-08-2019, 01:26 PM

Oh, you are awful, but I like it!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top