Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:26 PM

Re: Milton Keynes

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
They charge like wounded rhinos for parking so I rarely go there, visit Bletchley a couple of times a year.

I saw the Edgar Broughton band and Vinegar Joe at Bletchley-free concert. Can I get a lift back father? NO if you are man enough to go then find your own way back. So I did-I get in and a bollocking from my mother-What are you doing here??-your father is out looking for you.

Unhappy days
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:38 PM

Go to Google Earth or maps and search for Khasiaberry Crescent. I wonder why they called it that?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 04:26 PM

While driving through a Birmingham suburb this morning, I spotted this Grove, type in the postcode (google maps) B36 0SU, had to look twice at the name.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 06:05 PM

Milton Keynes has it own indoor ski slope I understand which must be fun .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 08:22 PM

Milton Keynes.....does it host some F1 racing teams and is nin close proximity to Silverstone?

If so I've heard of it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 09:23 PM

Newish Town with loads of roundabouts .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 09:41 PM

I think MK is on the up. plenty of companies are relocating, so providing plenty of work. Such a good thing IMO
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 09:44 PM

I think they were building it about 1967, and although I still think of it as a 'new town', I suppose it must be about 50 years old already. It's not that far from me.

I remember going there once, many years ago, but have no burning desire to go back as I'm not keen on large, impersonal towns like that.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 08:17 PM

LOL, Bought my very first house in Milton Keynes when I first left the Women's Royal Air Force in the early 70sand married he who must obey. It was a new build and we watched excitedly as they built it. It was I remember in the Blakelands area, a small two bedroom house with a large back garden, no garden in the front and in a block of 4 houses. Right opposite was a beautiful little bridge over a stream leading into a lovely park.Wonderful walks.Behind the house was the huge Willen lake. it was really idyllic to return to after the 120-mile round trip to work in the centre of London, 5 days a week.

Lived there for about 2 years, would probably have been longer if they hadn't built a huge block of flats right opposite our little four houses, blocking out all the view. Sold up and moved home to Shropshire.

Don't miss it at all though, sorry Milton Keynes.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 08:43 PM

I seem to remember a lot of plastic cows and at the entrance to the hospital there was a huge Native American Totem pole ! Very strange,

Is the 'Open University' still based there?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top