Join for free
Page 48 of 52 « First < 38 46 47 48 49 50 > Last »
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 09:42 PM

Re: The insomniacs thread

I worry about my sleep-I get nightmares about once or twice a week.

I`m yelling out but do not wake, sometimes I am awake inside the horror and try to wake but that only leads to me realising there is no point.

Eventually I wake covered in sweat with my heart pounding.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
That's another thing I dislike about Winter: you never hear the birds singing.
We hear the seagulls squawking in the winter here!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->

I`m yelling out but do not wake, sometimes I am awake inside the horror and try to wake but that only leads to me realising there is no point.

OG, at the risk of sounding like mother hen, you should talk to a Dr. about these nightmares. After reading another thread I know you have alot on your mind and that may be the case for most of it. A Doc could possibly give you something that would help.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Does anyone have occasionally recurring themes in dreams? I often find myself on the wrong bus going to a strange part of town, or the wrong way on the subway ... I suppose it's both a fear of not being in control and the fear of being lost....????
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 11:41 AM

Been under the weather with hay fever the past two weeks . . I'm taking anti histamines and they knock you out . . I'm sleeping 8 hours every night ATM.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Been under the weather with hay fever the past two weeks . . I'm taking anti histamines and they knock you out . . I'm sleeping 8 hours every night ATM.
I hope it improves soon, Nero..... I do feel sorry for hayfever sufferers at this time of the year. My SIL also suffers badly with it, no doubt his eyes will be streaming when he visits this afternoon
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 06:07 PM

An old chap I used to drink with was a wizard at explaining dreams, he knew what every dream thyme meant, and he was usually right. He never revealed his secret to any of us in the pub,so sadly I learned nothing. He died very peacefully at the age of 96 with his family around him.
I think there is a book out explaining the meaning behind some dreams ( or nightmares ), check with the library.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2010, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Old git ->

There was something on BBC radio on Sunday night about 'Inherited memory through the genes', I missed the article, just caught the end. Maybe your nightmares are caused by some horrific event in your ancestors time and you were unfortunate enough to inherit the memory?.
On a lighter note, why don't they make 'Memory jeans', after all they make memory mattresses and pillows, the jeans would remember your waist size when you were 21 and adjust your body accordingly, great for the ladies.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2010, 11:40 AM

Inherited memory through the genes??-now there is a thought.

Turning into my father would cause anyone nightmares.

I know when they are coming-just as I fall asleep. A light flashes and drums start to beat,I tell my dream to go away-sometimes it does but sometimes it waits to catch me out and that`s when I dream yell to wake up.

I`m so concious? that it`s a dream but my body will not move.

I think it`s called `lucid dreaming` and I have some fun ones of them so musn`t grumble
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2010, 04:48 PM

"Inherited memory through the genes??-now there is a thought."

I remember reading somewhere that the "fear of falling" dream goes back to the days when very early primitive man was semi-arboreal ... interesting.

Page 48 of 52 « First < 38 46 47 48 49 50 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top