Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 12:19 PM

Re: Good Morning Monday.

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Took me a long time to get to work this morning, it was snowing and what normally takes me 15 minutes at the most to get to work took me over half an hour this morning. Thought there had been an accident or temporary traffic lights but the holdup was neither of those, must just have been because of the snow.

It's rained now so it's all turned to slushy mush.

Learning a new job in the office today first thing, done some training but I think it's going to take a while to sink it, it's quite complex and I don't take things in like I used to. One of the perils of getting older I suppose.

By this time tomorrow I've probably forgot what I was taught this morning!

Anyway have a good day all.
Hi

No snow here, but the footpaths are covered in poo, toilet paper, tampons and condoms.

A nightmare, but the Environment Secretary is just ignoring it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 12:34 PM

Good Morning from Foxy's painful World....

Had to cut yesterday's run down to a six miler (1) It was chucking it down with rain and there were puddles the size of lake Windermere stretched across the roads and beyond. (2) My big toe had taken a turn for the worse and (3) I was feeling well peed off.....

I had really made some progress with my big toe, it was virtually non existent and running was going exceedingly well, turning out some of the best times of the year. Then Yesterday, for no apparent reason it was swelled like a kipper.... What could have caused it? Anyway, I've got an appointment with someone at the surgery later (no doctors available) and I shall be quite indignant and not leave until I get some answers...

Pouring with rain again this morning and it looked like it was in for the day, but now the suns come out and a quick glance at the thermometer tells me it's 12*C...Phew! The toe is slightly worse than it was yesterday and I'm having trouble walking, but the good news is, Mrs Fox is out of hospital, I brought her home yesterday....So at least I'll get my washing done and have something clean to eat out of for lunch....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No snow here, but the footpaths are covered in poo, toilet paper, tampons and condoms.

A nightmare, but the Environment Secretary is just ignoring it.
Sounds rough Swim, I wish I lived a bit closer to come a give you a hand... The river here was fairly high when I ran over the bridge yesterday and one of the roads to Doncaster has flooded, but we live a bit higher up than most so we should be okay...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Had to cut yesterday's run down to a six miler (1) It was chucking it down with rain and there were puddles the size of lake Windermere stretched across the roads and beyond. (2) My big toe had taken a turn for the worse and (3) I was feeling well peed off.....

I had really made some progress with my big toe, it was virtually non existent and running was going exceedingly well, turning out some of the best times of the year. Then Yesterday, for no apparent reason it was swelled like a kipper.... What could have caused it? Anyway, I've got an appointment with someone at the surgery later (no doctors available) and I shall be quite indignant and not leave until I get some answers...

Pouring with rain again this morning and it looked like it was in for the day, but now the suns come out and a quick glance at the thermometer tells me it's 12*C...Phew! The toe is slightly worse than it was yesterday and I'm having trouble walking, but the good news is, Mrs Fox is out of hospital, I brought her home yesterday....So at least I'll get my washing done and have something clean to eat out of for lunch....
I think you might have gout, OGF.
Good to read Mrs Fox is home. a speedy recovery to her.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 04:23 PM

Rain and wind here. Nipped out at lunch time with Mrs Bread and had a really nice lunch in the local cafe in town. She had a prawn salad and me a ham and egg mayo one.

My meetings are now done and I can switch off soon as there hasn't been many tickets over the weekend.

Happy Monday ... !
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 04:30 PM

I've received a hospital appointment this morning for a pre-op assessment on Friday lunchtime this week. Now I'm waiting (35mins and counting) for Sky's tech people to pick up so I can give them a bollocking for not switching off Call Guard like what I asked the other day.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 05:08 PM

Good afternoon everybody.

We got back from a weekend break at Thorsby Hall around lunchtime.

We were lucky with the weather really - it only rained until 10.00am & then we were free to visit local towns & attractions & have a lovely walk in Sherwood forest..

Love Thorsby Hall - going again later this year.
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 06:02 PM

Morning. I'm in Kansas and we had some rain last night but, it's dry today so far.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-02-2020, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I think you might have gout, OGF.
Good to read Mrs Fox is home. a speedy recovery to her.
Thanks Tiff, Mrs Fox seems to be doing okay so far....Fingers crossed...
I visited the surgery and was examined by 'Sam' a slightly ageing lady with a Aussie accent. Not a doctor but she seemed to know what she was doing as she fondled my big toe.... She came to the same conclusion as you Tiff, 'Gout!'...and prescribed Colchicine. They must be good because I've only got twelve and have to take no more than four per day...With a bit of luck I might be able to get my Tuesday run done in the morning....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Very pleased to hear Mrs Fox is home from the hospital, Bob ..... hope her recovery goes well this time.

Hope you recover from your gout soon, I thought only old men suffered with that

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top