Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Road Trip

My friend, Warren & I made a spontaneous 200 mile road trip yesterday. We drove my Smart car, "Herbie", to The Pacific ocean to eat a a new restaurant I discovered by accident a few weeks ago. They make fresh fireplace pizza to order that is fantastic. We took all back roads to get there and chose a different route on our return home. The pizza was great, the drive was fun & our friendship grows deeper. All in all a perfect day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2010, 05:28 PM

Re: Road Trip

Sounds like you had a lovely day out, Bob

Wonderful scenery, good food and great company ...... nothing better!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Sounds great Bob... but where are the pics!? You should know by now we like seeing the places you visit on your travels
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Sounds great Bob... but where are the pics!? You should know by now we like seeing the places you visit on your travels
Believe it or not I didn't hve a camera with us. We just went out to do lunch and got carried away. We are prone to doing this sort of spontaneous journey. Last time it was a 500 mile ride for pizza in Seattle, Washington. Two weeks ago we headed to Alturus, California for Chinese food. I'm surprised we didn't go to Vancouver, British Columbia & the Olympics because Warren has lots of relatives there.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top