Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 04:11 PM

Orlando 2010 (Part 1)

We arrived in Orlando after a pleasant, but long 8 hour flight to be met with temperatures of 95/96º - quite a shock to our UK systems!

We "sailed" through all the airport procedures and collected our hire car - a 7 seater Dodge Caravan, a great car and extremely comfortable. It took us an hour to reach our hotel where we had booked a 3-bedroomed self catering very spacious apartment.

Our car leaving the car park...

The Pirate ship with water chute in the Hotel pool ....

The following day we were up early (5.00am!!!) and set off to visit SeaWorld where you can be entertained by fabulous shows featuring dolphins, killer whales and sea lions. You are also able to feed the stingrays and watch the gentle giants at the Manatee Rescue.

SeaWorld

Shamu whale.....

Shamu whale performing a flip-over sommersault

After a tragic accident last year when one of Shamu's trainers was killed, the trainers are no longer allowed in the water with the whales ..... quite right in my opinion too.

Dolphins .....

Stingrays ....

Penguins....

A giant of a walrus!

Aside from these show, there were lots of rides for adults and children alike to go on.

Typhoon Lagoon

Our second day was spent at Typhoon Lagoon, a leisurely water park which had a man-made beach with a tidal wave that arrived every 5 minutes! Brilliant fun until we discovered the wave was so strong if frequently knocked our granchildren off their feet! We resorted to the calmer option lying in a ring and floating around the continuous flowing creek that encircled the Park ....... we came across waterfall hazards that soaked us, but it was great fun and so cooling on a hot day.

There were various speed slides and raft rides but I stuck to the quieter life in my rubber ring!

Magic Kingdom

Day 3 and we were off the Magic Kingdom, a paradise for children young and old. There was so much to see and so many different rides to go on and shows to see. We had Fast Passes for most of the rides and shows which was a relief as the weather was sweltering and I didn't like the thought of queuing up in the heat for almost an hour for any of the activities.

Cinderella's castle is truly beautiful, the looks on the children's faces stays with you. The last time we saw it was in 1997 when Disney World celebrated it's 25th birthday, the castle was then all decorated in pink as a giant birthday cake.

We went on Splash Mountain, a raft that gently takes you through dark caves and small waterfall, then when you think the ride is over, you plummet off the end in a massive splashdown! What a cooler that was!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 08:34 PM

Re: Orlando 2010 (Part 1)

Looks like you had a lot of fun Mags!

And you've taken some excellent photos - especial of the whales (although I must admit I hate seeing them in 'captivity').

The typhoon lagoon looks like fun
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 09:15 PM

Great pics Mags-Part 1 very interesting and sounds like you had a great time. That is one big walrus!!!!

Looking forward to Part 2 .....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 10:24 PM

Sounds like a wonderful holiday for all, Mags. Thanks for sharing, what beautiful photos you took!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 10:58 PM

Thanks all!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 07:12 PM

I nearly miissed this Mags.
Great pictures and a great lot of memory's.
Pleased that you had a great time, everyone needs a change now and again.

looking forward to P2.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top