Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:31 PM

Orlando 2010 (final part!)

Animal Kingdom

This was our last Disney Park to visit and I was looking forward to it as it was built the year after we last visited.

Disney's Animal Kingdom is themed entirely around animal conservation.

The Tree of Life is a 145ft tall 50ft wide sculpted tree and is the centrepiece and icon of Animal Kingdom. All 325 animals carved on the bark of this massive tree can be seen in the Park.

The Tree of Life....

We climbed aboard the open-sided safari vehicle for an amazing expedition to see numerous African animals roaming freely through savanna, rivers and rocky hill. It was a bumpy journey but I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Ostrich eggs....

Termite mound....

Dad Gorilla supposedly babysitting but decides to sleep instead!.......

Mum Gorilla arrives to rescue the youngster .....

...... and carries youngster off to safety!

Unfortunately our day was cut short by a torrential tropical storm ...... goodness it certainly rains hard in Florida!

Gatorland

Our final trip on the day before we returned home was to Gatorland which provided a unique and natural alternative to the large theme parks. It is a 110 acre theme park and wild life preserve. It is also home to various birds, lizards, snakes and a few furry animals.

Basking in the sunshine......

Feeding the alligators at the Gator Jumparoo Show....

Jamie, alias Crocodile Dundee!

Gatorland is also home to a couple of white alligators. The Leucistic is not an albino, they have a little bit of pigmentation around the mouth and on the tail and they have piercing blue eyes.

Leucistic animals have a rare genetic condition that reduces the colour pigmentation in their skin.

Due to their condition, these alligators were housed in special enclosures to protect them from the sunlight.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:56 PM

Re: Orlando 2010 (final part!)

Wonderful pics Mags.....feel like I've been on a little trip myself. Thanks for showing them and glad you all had a great holiday.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 10:12 PM

Another set of great shots Mags - sounds like you had a really nice time!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Wonderful pics Mags.....feel like I've been on a little trip myself. Thanks for showing them and glad you all had a great holiday.
Originally Posted by Azz ->
Another set of great shots Mags - sounds like you had a really nice time!
Thank you both, we had a wonderful time ...... absolutely worn out with all the walking, but still loved every minute!

Hope I haven't bored anyone

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top