Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 12:35 PM

Re-Visiting Past Places?

Have you ever returned to somewhere that was of special significance in your life?

Perhaps the place you were born, or a holiday destination that was memorable?

If so, was it an enjoyable walk down Memory Lane, or disappointing in some way?

Rainbow
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 12:44 PM

Re: Re-Visiting Past Places?

Everytime I do that-which has been several times- It is usually a sad experience for me. Place I was born etc.
As for going back to vacation spots-always a great time.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 01:00 PM

I once returned to a holiday destination that held lovely memories, it was quiet, peaceful and unspoilt.

HOWEVER, sadly (for me) no longer the case, barely recognised it! Loud, loutish, cars and roundabouts everywhere, and anything and everything having a fee attached). Wish I had not ventured to see ....

Rainbow
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 01:06 PM

Used to go to Key West all the time when I was way younger & it was great, then didn't go for about 20 yrs. & was totally shocked-tourist joints all over the place & the beauty & charm was mostly gone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 01:49 PM

We are returning this year to a holiday place we visited for the first time in 2009. Loved it so much then that we feel the need to return again.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

19-01-2011, 02:24 PM

Mags sounds lovely. Nice when you also know that it is somewhere that really suits you.

Don't think too many changes could happen in two years ... sky scrapers, new airports, dozens of shops with pokey gifts, and £1.50 to stroll in the woods etc....

I too return to a lovely cottage in the Country with my dogs (Owners love them). I love the peaceful tranquility that is timeless.

So enjoy your holiday.

Rainbow
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 02:31 PM

We tend to find new places to visit as they always say, ' Never go back '.

Our travelling abroad days are over as there are so many places to visit in the UK and it does seem futile going back to place you have already visited.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 02:45 PM

I would LOVE to go to Key West some day.

I've return to certain places and don't think I've been disappointed really because they add to good memories.
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by dragon ->
Used to go to Key West all the time when I was way younger & it was great, then didn't go for about 20 yrs. & was totally shocked-tourist joints all over the place & the beauty & charm was mostly gone.
I went to Key Largo 15 years ago, we took my disabled daughter to swim with the dolphins at a place set up there it was very quiet (and expensive lol) but it is a memorable holiday I don't think I could go back there again it would be too sad now
I often go back to my birth place, it is part of my local pub!! I was born next door and they knocked the pub through after we left so the pool room is the room I was born in lol
June x
dragon
florida, usa

19-01-2011, 02:58 PM

What made Key West so wonderful was the Bohemian atmosphere-Most of that is gone now. That cheese burger in paradise now has wilted lettuce. sigh!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top