Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 02:58 PM

Travel Gadgets

I've been thinking about a tour bus trip to Yellowstone National Park this summer. Because I'm carrying all my camera gear I'm trying to avoid toting an additional laptop computer that would allow me to upload my photographs to my online storage site http://bobmielke.smugmug.com I intend to carry my iPad to view email, entertain myself while traveling & surf the web.

I discovered a unique technology out there that makes a camera memory card that transmits all the photos you take to that online storage site as soon as you come within range of a wi-fi signal. I think I may want to invest in such cards for my two cameras. I'll buy one & try it out. If it works well I'll get a second one. I' assuming there will be a wi-fi hot spot aboard the tour bus. I'll check that of course before booking reservations.

In order to make the connection to the tour bus I'll need to drive my Smartcar to San Franciso, California and find a secure parking place for it until I return from the tour. I save a lot of money on rental cars, motels & meals by taking this sort of trip. I'm planning a 4 day tour of Yellowstone National Park.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 05:26 PM

Re: Travel Gadgets

Sounds great fun! Im quite envious lol
Hope the camera toys come up to scratch im looking forward to seeing the pics already!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 05:44 PM

Try and get one of Yogi Bear and Boo Boo for me please!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 06:56 PM

Envy from me as well Bob, sounds a great trip to look forward to.. How far are you from San Francisco ?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 07:08 PM

839 miles or about 11 hours driving
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 07:22 PM

I am glad you have made up your mind to go Bob, is this the trip where you will be visiting your sister? Oh - I hope she doesn't read this forum! Yellowstone Park, what a fantastic place to go, we have a programme about it in the UK.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

16-03-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I am glad you have made up your mind to go Bob, is this the trip where you will be visiting your sister? Oh - I hope she doesn't read this forum! Yellowstone Park, what a fantastic place to go, we have a programme about it in the UK.
It looks like I won't be able to visit my sister. The trip I'm taking is less than 1,000 miles, where as, my sister's trip would be 6,000 miles, round trip.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 11:51 AM

I see Bob, that's a shame. Well I know you'll have a wonderful time at Yellowstone, will look forward to your photos this summer.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top