Join for free
Page 3 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:15 PM

Re: The 2011/2012 Football Season - Fans Thread

What a bugger, they never televised the France Ireland rugby match and I was waiting for it. Blimey.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 03:51 PM

I am a couch supporter who "supports" Man U - I try to watch all their games on TV, the same goes with all England matches.

My poor home team was relegated to League 2 last season but I will still catch up on them through the newspaper
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 08:44 PM

Mixed fortunes for the "big guns" in the Premiership, champions Man United managed to scramble a 2-1 victory at West Brom thanks to an own goal, Arsenal stumbled to a 0 - 0 draw at Newcastle with new boy Gervinho getting sent off for slapping Joey Barton (there's a novelty) who was yellow carded whilst Chelsea were held 0 - 0 at Stoke, elsewhere Liverpool were also held at home, drawing 1-1 with Sunderland and Luis Suarez fuffed a penalty.
West Ham started life in the Championship with a creditable win and 3 points at Doncaster so there you go George, onwards and upwards
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 07:15 AM

I lost interest in Football when the premier league was formed and seeing how money was going to control it. Football is not a sport these days it is a money making past time.

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/...l/14528104.stm

This is football!!!

Good luck to all who support it and to YOUR team, I am sticking to Mother Natures battle with the environment.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 03:30 PM

Oh what a shame, the link doesn't work for me so can't comment.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

17-08-2011, 08:06 PM

Come out come out wherever you are Hammer! Rejoice in 2 back to back away wins for the first time in years, you should maybe be feeling a bit friendlier towards big Sam? A decent start to life in the championship, will be interesting to see how West Ham perform against rampant Southampton when they clash, even the shambling Cole managed a goal!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2011, 09:11 PM

I think Hammer must be in a state of shock at the moment.He'd gone out and bought a rabbits foot, worry beads, horseshoes, and a prayer book. Not needed after TWO wins together. Better call him Happy Hammer if this keeps up.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

17-08-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bob.b ->
Come out come out wherever you are Hammer! Rejoice in 2 back to back away wins for the first time in years, you should maybe be feeling a bit friendlier towards big Sam? A decent start to life in the championship, will be interesting to see how West Ham perform against rampant Southampton when they clash, even the shambling Cole managed a goal!
Originally Posted by John ->
I think Hammer must be in a state of shock at the moment.He'd gone out and bought a rabbits foot, worry beads, horseshoes, and a prayer book. Not needed after TWO wins together. Better call him Happy Hammer if this keeps up.
I have to admit I had serious doubts about our direction after witnessing our first game and loss against Cardiff.

The worry has subsided a little but I remember vividly being in the top three at the start of the season and fighting for survival at the end. It sort of comes with the territory of being a long term sufferer.

I still don't like Allardyce or his methods but if he gets us somewhere then of course I can live with that.

What do I know anyway? most every manager that I have liked has ended up departing on bad terms and failing.

To be fair I did like Ron Greenwood, John Lyle and the Big H and they did alright

Let us hope we can do the job in hand at the first time of asking and then I will be a very Happy Hammer.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

18-08-2011, 09:25 PM

I still have the feeling that you will be pleasantly surprised as the season unfolds Hammer even though I am an eternal optimist and look on the bright side
Maybe Liverpool will get a good result at the Emirates, not one of their most happy of hunting grounds as was the case with Highbury but hey, let's be positive!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

18-08-2011, 10:54 PM

With my positive hat on Bob I see the reds getting a result at the Emirates. The complete Arsenal setup seems to be in a state of flux at the moment so they might be vunerable.

There is of course the 'wounded animal' syndrome to consider but we are being resolute and strong here.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Ryan Shawcross was being touted as a new centre back?
He is as hard as nails and uncompromising but could do a job of work if allowed. I know Tony Pullis said he was staying at Stoke but we know what money does to the resolve of the owners.

We entertain Leeds at the Boleyn on Sunday, a good result will help us along nicely. I read in our mag that young Zavon Hines has joined Burnley, a bit of a shame, he was an Academy find and looked at one stage to light up the place.
In any event I wish him well.

Good luck to us all.

Page 3 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top