Join for free
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 05:59 PM

Electricity supplier?

Until very recently I've always used one of the big companies for our electricity supplies. (We are all-electric)...
I've now changed to a company called 'Bulb'.
Their prices appear to be slightly less than other suppliers. I suppose that time will tell if their customer services are good. (or not)...
So, have you used a 'lesser- known' supplier?

As a matter of interest, we are on an 'economy 7 ' tariff.

Malc.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 06:20 PM

Re: Electricity supplier?

I changed from EON to Sainsbury's Gas, which is a little bit cheaper and so far so good.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:41 PM

We were with the Co-op for a couple of years as they came out very cheap. Last year they wanted to double their tarriffs so we found another supplier. It has cost us hundreds to switch over and been a complete ballache trying to get it all sorted out.
Next year I'll be going through Unite who I am a member of as I'm sure they will be on my side if we have any future problems.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:46 PM

We're with Tonik having moved from EDF but it's too early to tell if it was the right move, at least they don't phone every week about smart meters.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
We were with the Co-op for a couple of years as they came out very cheap. Last year they wanted to double their tarriffs so we found another supplier. It has cost us hundreds to switch over and been a complete ballache trying to get it all sorted out.
Next year I'll be going through Unite who I am a member of as I'm sure they will be on my side if we have any future problems.
I was with EDF but changed when they refused to put me on a different, cheaper tariff over the phone, I had to do it online. I looked online on u-switch to find EDF's suggested tariff and found another provider OVO Energy who wanted £41 a month against EDF's £45. So EDF had shot themselves in the foot by saying I had to go online as I saved £48 a year.

Now OVO have advised me my monthly payment needs to go up to £54! That's despite my usage not changing and my account being £18 in credit. Also they have yet to refund me the difference between EDF's estimated reading the day I left (24 December 2018) against my firm reading supplied at the time!

Why do we bother? We are advised that shopping around is better than remaining loyal to one supplier and then there is this kind of hassle.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:50 PM

Bulb has been good so far, reducing prices when other companies tariffs were increasing, also, not tied to a contract.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top