Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 06:11 PM

Re: Foxy on Tour

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just a six day cruise to Amsterdam and Bruges Besoeker, I think we came for the new year do really though...Too much alcohol for my liking....
Then it will probably be cold crossing that North Sea. Anyway, enjoy yourselves.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 06:15 PM

Must be going now....Those Scallops won't eat themselves as the bloke on the advert says....

By the way, It was the P&O ship Ventura we saw in dock at Southampton.....
Enjoy, Bob...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 12:11 AM

You are lucky with the weather Bob look at that blue sky ...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 06:44 AM

Boarded Arcadia yesterday and set sail around 5:30pm.
Sailed through the night while we enjoyed a nice dinner of swordfish washed down by a nice red wine. Went to see a show, three lads singing songs from some of the music legends, but I didn't recognise most of the songs, bit crap anyway.
Red wine with fish? Good grief, Foxy, what kind of tub are you on?

Have a wonderful time - watch out in Amsterdam - and come back safely!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 10:19 AM

Bring us all some cake back from Amsterdam....you know the type I mean

Great pics x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 04:47 PM

I only like red wine Tabby, and cake on it's way Summer...
Everybody must be on the internet tonight I'll catch up later....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 04:35 PM

We've just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable Warner's Twixmas Break to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Plenty of entertainment during the days and evenings, including golf, archery, etc outside, quizzes, indoor pool, etc indoors. In the evenings there was live entertainment or a film every night (saw Bohemian Rhapsody on Friday, The Greatest Showman on Sunday), Genesis tribute on Saturday evening.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 12:08 PM

I wasn't too keen on Amsterdam, I found it scruffy with piles of cigarette butts adorning the pot holed roads and walkways. It wasn't the picturesque quaint little town I had grown up to believe it was.

Leaving the coast we sailed past numerous piles of coal heaps, apparently the memo about burning fossil fuels had not reached Holland despite the fact that the UK coal industry had been decimated with several large coal burning power stations now standing idle.

For two hours we sailed past industry of one sort or another before we eventually tied up at the dockside. We left the ship on a bright sunny but excruciatingly cold day, perfect for photography had I remembered to collect my camera off the bedside cabinet.....Oh well, there's always tomorrow...

The pavements were jam packed with tourists and the poorly marked cycle paths invited the unwary visitor to a fate worse than death, or at the least a hail of abuse from an angry local, by wandering into the path of a speeding cycle or motor scooter. We followed the humdrum of people searching for the city centre.

The architecture was good with the station looking more like a palace than a railway station. It was difficult to walk in a straight line as we passed the cathedral and ventured into one of the shopping streets on our way to Dam Square.
The square was crowded by tourists taking photos of nothing special, just a clock and some shops really.

With freezing cold hands and feet we picked our way down a few back streets, passing what I thought were tobacconists, but on closer inspection, sold all manner of cannabis based products. I quickly scurried past into a street with semi naked ladies sat in their windows and staring into space waiting for the occasional punter. I wouldn't swap Mrs Fox for any one of them.

As we made our way back to the ship I summed up my short visit to Amsterdam.....
A city famed for its Beer, fags, drugs and sex.....
All the things I had been taught to avoid as a boy....
And not a sign of a tulip anywhere....

Not a city I shall be rushing back to....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 12:35 PM

I wasn't too keen on Amsterdam, I found it scruffy with piles of cigarette butts adorning the pot holed roads and walkways. It wasn't the picturesque quaint little town I had grown up to believe it was.
Sounds charming Bob I know someone who went there on a stag do and said the same thing.

One to add to your 'been there done that' list.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-01-2020, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sounds charming Bob I know someone who went there on a stag do and said the same thing.

One to add to your 'been there done that' list.
Perhaps we didn't spend enough time there Meg and see more of the sights, but first impressions would suggest that it will be my last visit.....

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top