Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 02:13 PM

Healthy food

There are always a lot of opinions about what is healthy for us and what isn't, have a look at this and test your knowledge.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/health-informa...tes-risk-score

I'm ashamed to admit I only scored 6 out of 10.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 02:18 PM

Re: Healthy food

ALL food is good food and healthy and nutritious.
It is an excess of some types of food that makes them unhealthy for us.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 04:16 PM

Test is imo a nonsense and little more than a data gathering exercise. Really how much can one really garner from knowing your BMI index, waist size and so on. All this is doing is matching up your data against a set of statistics on a very broad brush basis. It didn't once ask what I ate.

Naturally I didn't put ANY personal data in there at all, didn't even answer the questions truthfully. Just wanted to see if it is what I thought it would be. They might as well have been employing students to stop people in the streets to ask for your personal details (name, address, email etc).

Essentially it wants your details and tries to get you to go visit a GP.

In short then it is little more than a business marketing tool to try and generate more business. Doubtless this will help increase the take up of things like the flu jab which will presumably come up in conversation if anyone is daft enough to follow the advice here and go see their GP.

Eat good food in as natural state as possible, only eat what your body actually needs, stay away from processed foods, stay away from sugar in particular and you will likely have better health than many.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 04:46 PM

I agreed with most of your post, but you lost it at the end.
Sugar is essential for your body's metabolism...an excess of it in your diet will undoubtedly turn to adipose tissue.
And....what's so bad about processed foods in moderation?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There are always a lot of opinions about what is healthy for us and what isn't, have a look at this and test your knowledge.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/health-informa...tes-risk-score

I'm ashamed to admit I only scored 6 out of 10.
Mups I can't see a test for healthy food just the risk test
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups I can't see a test for healthy food just the risk test

Sorry Meg, I'm getting worse! Perhaps I need a 'Mind' quiz.
I think I put the diabetic link on twice didn't I?
How come no one else noticed?

Try this one.

https://www.bupa.co.uk/health-inform...nutrition-quiz
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-11-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Test is imo a nonsense and little more than a data gathering exercise. Really how much can one really garner from knowing your BMI index, waist size and so on. All this is doing is matching up your data against a set of statistics on a very broad brush basis. It didn't once ask what I ate.

Naturally I didn't put ANY personal data in there at all, didn't even answer the questions truthfully. Just wanted to see if it is what I thought it would be. They might as well have been employing students to stop people in the streets to ask for your personal details (name, address, email etc).

Essentially it wants your details and tries to get you to go visit a GP.

In short then it is little more than a business marketing tool to try and generate more business. Doubtless this will help increase the take up of things like the flu jab which will presumably come up in conversation if anyone is daft enough to follow the advice here and go see their GP.

Eat good food in as natural state as possible, only eat what your body actually needs, stay away from processed foods, stay away from sugar in particular and you will likely have better health than many.

I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick Realist. You don't have to put in names, addresses, emails or any other contact information whatsoever.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 05:31 PM

It is in tiny writing:- Tools,Calculaters,Apps & quizzes, Meg, just above the Risk Test
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-11-2016, 05:36 PM

I don't understand this Tabby? When I click on the last link in post 6, it takes me straight to the Healthy Eating Quiz.
Does that not happen on yours?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't understand this Tabby? When I click on the last link in post 6, it takes me straight to the Healthy Eating Quiz.
Does that not happen on yours?
Yes - it does if I click on that one instead of the first one. My post to Meg crossed with yours I think - I was just trying to be helpful - but you made a better job of it!

Surprisingly I scored 8.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top