Join for free
Page 467 of 754 « First < 367 417 457 465 466 467 468 469 477 517 567 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 06:40 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Originally Posted by May ->
Good afternoon Folks,weather hasn't improved,it's still yucky,

Been sitting here for around an hour writing in My memoirs and it's amazing
the older I get,the more I remember things that happened when I was a Child,

No cooking today as I'm having yesterdays chicken soup with a crusty baguette for lunch,and I've defrosted some veg' curry for dinner.

Ta for sending Me the 'We're moving to Scotland' video Roxy, almost fell off My chair laughing

Hey Baz,are You insinuating We Scots are mean?...how very dare You......aye,fresh air is about the only thing that's free,but it wouldn't surprise Me if They find a way of taxing Us for having a washing line in Our back gardens

Well My bum's numb as I've been sitting on it too long, so off to put My feet up and see if there's anything worth watching on the box...see Ya,
Well, I have once again ventured north into Scotland and once again found you have been the last poster on the thread at that time May.

Now then, what's all this about you thinking I am insinuating Scots are mean? As if I would think such a thing! I believe my comment was that it was something I had heard, a rumour no less.

In the past I have had Scottish friends and none have been at all mean, in fact my best friend 'down south' was a Scot. Now no longer with us unfortunately, he was a very big chap but a gentle giant and very generous. Not just with material things but with his time and everything else he could give, and to anyone. Him and his family helped me out when I was going through bad times and very grateful I was too.

As for taxing us for having a line in the back garden, I don't have one as I use those two clothes airers. There is one of those 'whirly gig' lines but it's in the utility room cupboard where it's been for 12 years or so. I might just one day get round to installing it ready for the better weather, unless of course they are to be taxed!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Good morning You lovely People,it's a fine dry sunny one here,so off for a yomp to the Co-op for fresh fruit & veg',then a potter and tidy around the garden..see Ye A' later,xx
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:10 AM

Not again May, we will have to stop 'meeting' like this. People will be talking!

Good morning to you May and all in Scotland, I bet it's colder there than here 'down south', it usually is.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Not again May, we will have to stop 'meeting' like this. People will be talking!

Good morning to you May and all in Scotland, I bet it's colder there than here 'down south', it usually is.
Heh heh,no,it's very mild this morning actually Baz,didn't have to put the heating on...and a very good morning to You too,and anyone else looking in,
Baz46

21-11-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Heh heh,no,it's very mild this morning actually Baz,didn't have to put the heating on...and a very good morning to You too,and anyone else looking in,
I knew it, I knew it – global warming has meant 'down south' is getting weather traditionally seen in Scotland and 'up north' you are getting our milder weather. It was only 16.5ºC indoors at 05.30am and the heating had been on all evening, up until 21.30 hours. There was such a heavy, white frost here that it looked as if it had been snowing!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 01:12 PM

Morning All, No bad here at all this morning. Damp but no wind and had a pleasant beach walk with the dog. We are often warmer up here in the far north than even the central bit, all due to the influence of the Atlantic currents, but on the down side we are the windiest place, also due to the influence of the Atlantic currents. AND I hate the wind.

Dunnet Beach this morning. EMPTY.....YES..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040879.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	11103  
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

21-11-2019, 02:40 PM

Afternoon All,enjoyed My walk as I didn't need to be happed-up in a coat,just My pull-on hoodie,

This time next week I should be resting in My bed (hopefully) after being sliced & diced in Hospital...I can't wait to get it over and done with..I hate hospitals even to visit

I see the wee bauchle Salmond is up in the High Court in Edinburgh today...jeeze!...what the hell happens to these Guys once They get a bit o' power ..even if He's proven to be innocent,mud sticks,as randy Andy is now finding out to His sorrow.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:57 PM

You know what I don't understand is, why the wait? Famous or not if some bloke tried it on like that with me he'd have been nursing a smashed nose. Right from the time I was a teen, no meant no. I'd not have waited a long time to make a complaint it would have been right away, when I was a kid I'd have gone home and told my dad....then heaven help the scunner. Also I'd have gotten a mile long lecture about what was a young lassie doing putting herself in that situation in the first place, so no I don't feel sorry for any of the lassies, they knew what they were doing right from the start..
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 07:19 PM

Good evening everybody. Dry here this morning but very windy. It died down this afternoon. May I hate visiting hospitals as well. My friend is going in next week for an op on her eye. Which will take about three hours as they will have to take her eye out. Not much on television tonight.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

21-11-2019, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by valentinojess ->
Good evening everybody. Dry here this morning but very windy. It died down this afternoon. May I hate visiting hospitals as well. My friend is going in next week for an op on her eye. Which will take about three hours as they will have to take her eye out. Not much on television tonight.
Oh Jessie,Your Friends op' sounds scary indeed,I'm not concerned about Mine or the plastic surgery,but I am a bit concerned about My eye & eyesight afterwards.

Page 467 of 754 « First < 367 417 457 465 466 467 468 469 477 517 567 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top