Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 06:12 AM

Do you exercise?

Calling all fifty-plussers, we need your input on the "Post your daily exercise routine" thread

If you belong a gym or go for a jog, or a swim. Even if you just walk the dog around the block, tell us your adventures in the thread.

At the moment there are fundamentally just the three of us who regularly post, but I'm of the feeling that there must be more folk on here who do some kind of exercise to keep their basic fitness in tow. And we all love a good natter don't we?

So don't be shy folks, get stuck in
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 06:54 AM

Re: Do you exercise?

I am happy that you enjoy exercising Floydy, but we don't all find it all consuming, to such as me gardening, diy or walking the dogs is just a part of the day nothing more, and is done for the pleasure, not the effect.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I am happy that you enjoy exercising Floydy, but we don't all find it all consuming, to such as me gardening, diy or walking the dogs is just a part of the day nothing more, and is done for the pleasure, not the effect.
That's fine, Barry. I didn't realise I was forcing anyone to partake in exercise if that's how it came across. Each to their own bud
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 10:11 AM

I don't, never have done exercise specifically, if I can walk somewhere I do, I do three hours cleaning a day at work, I walk around the touch line yelling at school sorts, can't stand still it kills my back.

But no exercise for its own sake.

Unless stretching counts to loosen my muscles at various intervals.

My husband used to cycle but knee replacement put paid to that, but again in not sure he did it to officially exercise it was more for fun and to get some fresh air at the weekends.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 10:14 AM

I think you're the resident fitness buff, Floydy.

I used to go for long walks (7 to 8 miles) but haven't in a long time as my panic attacks grew worse. Having said that, a full blown panic attack is probably a good aerobic workout.

I say to myself that symptoms of anxiety are uncomfortable but not dangerous; sadly, it doesn't always work.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 10:22 AM

My exercise now is housework and gardening Floydy, no leotard
for me, I reckon I must be old enough to be your mother
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 10:49 AM

Housework, especially hoovering, gardening, walking the dog, all excellent excercise.

I don't do any of that
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:14 AM

I may well join in soon as im about to embark on a program related to my health. First time will be day after boxing day so may well post the experience.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:18 AM

I would like to learn Tai Chi or something similar. There are Chi Kung classes held locally and I am thinking of joining in the spring.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:22 AM

I dont exercise for exercise sake. i get enough with our work in the garden , and moving rocks from one place to another, most of which are around 20-30 kilos. Cutting trees down in the woods to provide logs for the winter. Also in the winter clearing snow, mainly from the track to the road which is about 60 yards long. I do manage the occasional walk of around 3 miles up into the hills and back

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top