Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 07:10 PM

Re: A Bad Reaction To Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts

I hate liquorice, I think its yuk.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 07:20 PM

I used to love Liquorice Allsorts but haven't eaten them for a couple of years now as I was told they are bad for your blood pressure.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 07:21 PM

I dont eat Liquorice Allsorts but its like most recipe changes theyre done to add cheap crap...it seems to be the way now.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 08:16 PM

Yorkie met Miss Cadbury on a Double Decker.

Miss Cadbury was really taken with the chunkey look of yorkie, while all Yorkie could think of was having a Dip Dab into Miss Cadbury.

As with all things, it wasn't long before Yorkie was fondling Miss Cadbury's Jelly Tots, while Miss Cadbury took great delight in bouncing Yorkies' Creme Eggs.

It only took a Wispa in Miss Cadbury's ear for things to go the whole hog.

The following morning, while Miss Cadbury was fantisising about Jelly Babies, Yorkie had a Kinder Surprise! His Cadbury Buttons were dropping off at a prodigious rate.

Turns out Miss Cadbury had been with Bertie Basset and he's got bloody all sorts.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 08:37 PM

Just looked it up Art.

Basset Liquorice Allsorts first started in 1842 by Mr. Basset and I could not see any Sulphites, it says:

Liquorice, Sugar, Coconut, Aniseed, Gelatine.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->

Miss Cadbury was really taken with the chunkey look of yorkie, while all Yorkie could think of was having a Dip Dab into Miss Cadbury.

As with all things, it wasn't long before Yorkie was fondling Miss Cadbury's Jelly Tots, while Miss Cadbury took great delight in bouncing Yorkies' Creme Eggs.

The following morning, while Miss Cadbury was fantisising about Jelly Babies, Yorkie had a Kinder Surprise! His Cadbury Buttons were dropping off at a prodigious rate.

Turns out Miss Cadbury had been with Bertie Basset and he's got bloody all sorts.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I hate liquorice, I think its yuk.
So do I. Double Yuck!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 04:33 AM

That's a shame about sulphites being added. I guess they are trying to save money by prolonging shelf life.

I can't eat allsorts because most liquorice has gluten contamination or ingredients. I've never liked the stuff but it's meant to be good for digestion.

I've only ever had one real classic migraine. I was terrified that I couldn't focus properly (I was in the car about to drive off). I managed to get home as it was just around the corner, but it was a horrible experience.
You have my sympathy & hope you're feeling better now, as some symptoms can last a few days.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 05:02 AM

Hey Art, I hope you are feeling better.
I love Licorice Allsorts. We used to get them every Christmas but like Annie I’m celiac so can’t have gluten. It’s too bad licorice has gluten in it cause it’s so good.

Nothing really tastes like it used to due to the cheapening of items. The ingredients list often changes without any notice.
It’s not good.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top