Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
steven collier
uk
steven collier is male 

15-01-2019, 01:05 AM

Would people drive safer without insurance?

This has always puzzled me...say you are a tightrope walker and there was no safety net then you would be extra careful and wouldnt take risks...same with a free style rock climber without ropes so wouldnt a driver without insurance driving a new car costing thousands drive more carefully?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:40 AM

Re: Would people drive safer without insurance?

Then by same token why don’t you suggest instead of airbags we have hand grenades fitted to centre of steering wheel or possibly a 24’’ spike that detonates if in an accident ... that may focus ones mind on the road and keep speed down
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:34 AM

Hi

Nope, prats will always be prats.

We have one million uninsured drivers and they have disproportionately more crashes than the insured.
steven collier
uk
steven collier is male 

15-01-2019, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Then by same token why don’t you suggest instead of airbags we have hand grenades fitted to centre of steering wheel or possibly a 24’’ spike that detonates if in an accident ... that may focus ones mind on the road and keep speed down

thats a silly arguement...insurance in my opinion shouldnt be compulsory..if you know you are a careful driver you shouldnt need it...for instance ive been driving over 40 years and not one accident claim..the insurance companies must love me! I mean why should i subsidise all the other prats on the roads because thats what i'm effectively doing for my careful driving....a company rep can take risks and have multiple accidents but he/she doesnt care because company will pay for it
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:41 AM

In my experience the people without insurance drive worse than those with it. They have really cheap £100 cars they don't bother to MOT or insure them. Drive them til they fall apart.
The idea they are people driving cars worth thousands would only work for a small proportion of people IMO.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:43 AM

West Midlands Police later stated the Ferrari was crushed because it had no valid insurance and was a Category B vehicle - which are officially classed as unroadworthy, meaning the shell has to be destroyed.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...crush-14431022
steven collier
uk
steven collier is male 

15-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
In my experience the people without insurance drive worse than those with it. They have really cheap £100 cars they don't bother to MOT or insure them. Drive them til they fall apart.
The idea they are people driving cars worth thousands would only work for a small proportion of people IMO.

if you can provide stats then i might believe it..what experience have you had of this? just an assumption no doubt
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by steven collier ->
if you can provide stats then i might believe it..what experience have you had of this? just an assumption no doubt

Why do you need stats?
You can choose to believe it or not, no one is forcing you to do either.
If you need stats, you can look them up yourself.

Julie is merely stating her views on this - which I happen to agree with because of MY experience. I couldn't give a toss about stats.

Boy racers have smashed my front garden wall down TWICE, and one succeeded in writing my car off in the process.
None of these morons were insured, and had cheap old cars.

Whether you believe it or not is not important I'm afraid, because I know it is true.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by steven collier ->
Hi

Can you provide any stats yourself?

If an uninsured driver wrote off your car could you afford to replace it?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:55 PM

Are the Schools on holiday..again!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top